EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

More migrants than standard are claiming tax credits, and low paid workers contribute little, its those high earners that pay more tax.

Not a negative, in regard to the economy, a small positive.

I don't know whether they're a net benefit or a net drain overall.

I doubt the effect is large enough to worry about too much.

We were discussing the long term economic prospects of the UK, and matters of national sovereignty and democratic integrity.

How did we get back on to the flux of foreigners again?

You know what, you carry on. I'll be back when the serious debate picks up again.

We were discussing the long term economic prospects of the UK, and matters of national sovereignty and democratic integrity.

You know what, you carry on. I'll be back when the serious debate picks up again.

Its impossible to discuss the long term economic prospects of the UK, and matters of national sovereignty and democratic integrity in an EU context without bringing up immigration.

Here's EU sovereignty for ya. A Wednesdayite involved in violence with Russian fans the other day has been jailed in France for three months and after will be barred from entering the country for two years. Bang, like that, in the nick within a week. We could do that ourselves if we so wished.

Mr Juncker did not interfere.

How about the pound falling even further?

http://http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-3641218/Sterling-skids-2-month-low-Brexit-fears-intensify.html

I know, I know 'so what?' Right?

How the likes of Farage, Johnson and Gove have managed to convince people to ignore this and support a total gamble (that judging by the financial markets reaction so far is the wrong horse to be betting on) is beyond me.

of course the rich are horrified, just think those lowly workers might have to be paid more if there's less competition from European migrants.

I'm sorry for repeating this over and over again, but it seems that some are in for a huge shock post Brexit if it happens.

You do know that Boris Johnson, who'll almost certainly be our PM post Brexit, is on record as saying that limiting immigration will ruin our economy?

So it looks like business as usual for immigration if we do Brexit.

Nixon as I said earlier a lot of the outers still holiday in skeggy and blackpool, they never change currency and probably never look at FTSE or Dow. In Skeggy a penny slot machine will still take pennies after brexit. The fact that any of these go up or down will not matter or interest them as it has no direct visual impact on them, the same probably applies to a lot of pensioners.

The mobile working/middle class that holiday abroad will note the exchange rate and have some degree of understanding of FTSE as may a proportion of pensioners,

People vote out or in for that matter for a variety of reasons not all are related to fiscal matters

---------- Post added 14-06-2016 at 20:44 ----------

And again we have a GE in 2020 if the tories turn us over after a brexit vote there will be some tory marginal seats at risk. I appreciate what you are saying but these marginal seat MPs may have something to say and the tory in fighting will probably take 12 months to settle.

Nixon as I said earlier a lot of the outers still holiday in skeggy and blackpool, they never change currency and probably never look at FTSE or Dow. In Skeggy a penny slot machine will still take pennies after brexit. The fact that any of these go up or down will not matter or interest them as it has no direct visual impact on them, the same probably applies to a lot of pensioners.

The mobile working/middle class that holiday abroad will note the exchange rate and have some degree of understanding of FTSE as may a proportion of pensioners,

People vote out or in for that matter for a variety of reasons not all are related to fiscal matters

And again we have a GE in 2020 if the tories turn us over after a brexit vote there will be some tory marginal seats at risk. I appreciate what you are saying but these marginal seat MPs may have something to say and the tory in fighting will probably take 12 months to settle.

I don't think that you have quite grasped what I was trying to say. What I am saying is that in the event of Brexit and Johnson become PM, immigration may well continue at the current levels.

It would be helpful if those people tried to understand such matters Panz because as I've said they are the ones likely to suffer most from a Brexit whilst the big businesses and banks protect their interests.

I doubt they will accept 'we told you so!' as an answer even though it would be quite justified.

I don't think that you have quite grasped what I was trying to say. What I am saying is that in the event of Brexit and Johnson become PM, immigration may well continue at the current levels.

If an alternative leader takes over, sooner rather than later, then it would be in the Conservatives parties interests to try to honour their immigration target of less than 100,000 it seems Cameron have given up on that.