EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

of course the rich are horrified, just think those lowly workers might have to be paid more if there's less competition from European migrants.

Not really, since it won't stop migration, plus when all this "red tape" is removed they'll be able to force them to work more hours & make it easier to sack them.

How about the pound falling even further?

http://http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-3641218/Sterling-skids-2-month-low-Brexit-fears-intensify.html

I know, I know 'so what?' Right?

How the likes of Farage, Johnson and Gove have managed to convince people to ignore this and support a total gamble (that judging by the financial markets reaction so far is the wrong horse to be betting on) is beyond me.

Well it's not even fallen 5c against the dollar yet. 5c falls are fairly common.

Lowest this year was 27th february. Was that due to Brexit?

I'm not denying that we're making the markets nervous. But that's democracy for you. If nerves is all it is, it will quickly vanish once things settle down.

If an alternative leader takes over, sooner rather than later, then it would be in the Conservatives parties interests to try to honour their immigration target of less than 100,000 it seems Cameron have given up on that.

They may play lip service to keep the population happy, but their main priority will be to keep the economy ticking over. When Johnson was Mayor of London he lobbied the government to loosen their non EU immigration cap. So would it be a surprise if he keeps on supporting businesses when it comes to immigration?

Well it's not even fallen 5c against the dollar yet. 5c falls are fairly common.

Lowest this year was 27th february. Was that due to Brexit?

I'm not denying that we're making the markets nervous. But that's democracy for you. If nerves is all it is, it will quickly vanish once things settle down.

No one is saying the stock market will go up, so a few wobbles and slightly lower once its settled down is quite likely, if we vote leave.

Haven't your lads and lasses covered every thing yet?

Sure. But then news comes in, or new information comes to light, or somebody new joins the debate and we kind of go over it again. It's never exactly the same though. I still feel like I'm learning things. Either because I didn't understand them the first time or somebody made me think about them differently.

They may play lip service to keep the population happy, but their main priority will be to keep the economy ticking over. When Johnson was Mayor of London he lobbied the government to loosen their non EU immigration cap. So would it be a surprise if he keeps on supporting businesses when it comes to immigration?

Maybe no surprise; but I dont think that populous will be happy by 2020.

Shef I understand what you are saying and I am in no way trying to belittle these people but my sister lives in a council house in the middle of a large council estate. When I speak to her and her neighbours they are bothered about wednesday, their fags and the boozer. When it comes to the referendum they have no concept or interest in exchange rates or FTSE, they are voting out because they perceive that immigrants are taking their jobs/houses/healthcare/benefits etc. They have very base reasons for voting out.

I am not saying all council house residents are like this, there are many hardworking good honest people on these estates but I can take you to 5 houses within 50 yards who have never holidayed abroad so have no interest in the exchange rate and are probably not bothered about the FTSE.

---------- Post added 14-06-2016 at 21:16 ----------

My sister is voting out because her 32 year old daughter still lives at home because she cannot get a council residence with her boyfriend unless she gets pregnant, theres 4 votes there for out because they blame immigration for no house.

My sister is voting out because her 32 year old daughter still lives at home because she cannot get a council residence with her boyfriend unless she gets pregnant, theres 4 votes there for out because they blame immigration for no house.

Does your niece and/or her boyfriend have a full time job?