EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Shef I understand what you are saying and I am in no way trying to belittle these people but my sister lives in a council house in the middle of a large council estate. When I speak to her and her neighbours they are bothered about wednesday, their fags and the boozer. When it comes to the referendum they have no concept or interest in exchange rates or FTSE, they are voting out because they perceive that immigrants are taking their jobs/houses/healthcare/benefits etc. They have very base reasons for voting out.

I am not saying all council house residents are like this, there are many hardworking good honest people on these estates but I can take you to 5 houses within 50 yards who have never holidayed abroad so have no interest in the exchange rate and are probably not bothered about the FTSE.

---------- Post added 14-06-2016 at 21:16 ----------

My sister is voting out because her 32 year old daughter still lives at home because she cannot get a council residence with her boyfriend unless she gets pregnant, theres 4 votes there for out because they blame immigration for no house.

Disenfranchised Labour voters? They are already lost to UKIP. The only party I can see doing anything specifically for such voters is Labour under Corbyn (who despite some of his weird ideas does appear to care) or someone else like Andy Burnham. I'd say Frank Field as well but he's a bit too old now. Fingers crossed for 2020....

Thought somebody said earlier to day that Juncker was visiting UK possible to offer some late concession, according to an interview given on 12/5/16 to Germanys WDR Europe Forum in the German Foreign ministry that he would not campaign in the Referendum "because the european commision is even more disliked in Britain than in Germany". So guess there will be no late offer from the eu.

---------- Post added 14-06-2016 at 21:28 ----------

He has a full time job she has some bowel condition and has just been signed fit for work after 2 years on sickness benefit.

---------- Post added 14-06-2016 at 21:30 ----------

Shef would agree disenfranchised labour voters but Labour have a long way to go to win them and others back

Shef would agree disenfranchised labour voters but Labour have a long way to go to win them and others back
Should be a shoe-in after a couple years of Boris/Gove hardline Tory love, I doubt Corbyn/anyone who succeeds him would even have to lift a campaigning finger :hihi:

Seem to remember people saying similar just before the last GE
Not me, politics and public opinion weren't quite polarised enough then. Summer 2015 happened after the GE.

But I am now. Even though Corbyn 'happened' since.

I just believe I've understood what's in store for you/your sister by Cameron's Leave-peddling successors-to-be. Penny dropped a long time back, admittedly, but it's only since Boris came fully onboard Vote Leave that it's become quite clear, and getting clearer the longer I observe him, Gove and a couple other Tory figureheads campaigning (except Farage, who is just his usual self).

You ain't gonna like it. And your sister and relations still less. Farage isn't going to like being the fall guy carrying the political can, either :twisted:

I hope I'm wrong, I truly do.

But hey-ho and all that. I'm a staunch believer in personal responsibility and accountability for one's actions, so Brexit-voting people harder-done by as a consequence of their voting choice will only have themselves to blame, whether they understand the hows and whys of it or not.

I'm certainly not going to lose sleep over it, now or then, so just carry on :)

Edited by L00b

So Labour is concerned that its supporters are moving over towards brexit because of immigration concerns (I think those supporters are wrong, but it is a free choice), despite warnings that this will impact on the economy.

So the Labour big gun, in the form of Corbyn (:D), is wheeled out, and promptly carries on pushing the failing argument.

Jeremy, your members are not listening to you. If you want them to listen, then address their concerns.

Going to be a rollercoaster 10 days. Remain seem to have completely lost all momentum.

Don't panic, they're drafting in Jean-Claude Juncker next week. The guy who said that Prime Ministers must stop listening so much to their voters and instead act as “full time Europeans”. That should work ...

Too many politicians are listening exclusively to their national opinion. And if you are listening to your national opinion, you are not developing what should be a common European stance. A feeling for the need we have to put together our efforts. So, my response to your question is that we have too many part-time Europeans