EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Didn't I tell you that Cameron would run out of No.10 faster than a bat out of hell if the vote is Brexit? I think I did ;)

I would have thought that he would have the opportunity to rebuild by appointing Brexiteers to senior positions in the cabinet. I'm not so sure now. You may well have been right.

---------- Post added 15-06-2016 at 17:08 ----------

No, you were correct, the IMF did predict a double dip if nations issued spending cuts and tax rises. In the report the UK was not singled out but it was seen as a blow to Osborne's plan.

As we did recover from a double dip in 2012 it seems the IMF was correct.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/7301378/Cutting-deficit-before-2011-may-lead-to-double-dip-recession-IMF-warns.html

The data I can find:

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/gdp

shows continuous growth from 2009/10 to the present.

I would have thought that he would have the opportunity to rebuild by appointing Brexiteers to senior positions in the cabinet. I'm not so sure now. You may well have been right.

---------- Post added 15-06-2016 at 17:08 ----------

The data I can find:

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/gdp

shows continuous growth from 2009/10 to the present.

Well my article from 2012 about the end of the double dip uses ONS figures.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2012/oct/25/uk-emerges-from-double-dip-recession-george-osborne

So you still don't trust the IMF.

Ok.

Well there were two quarters of negative growth, Q2 2012 and Q4 2012, but that's not a recession as they're not consecutive. And the contraction in each case was miniscule.

Maybe the papers published before the final data was in based on estimates suggesting a technical recession, which were later finalised.

After you take off the back handers and cash with strings attatched we get back from the EU we are still over £160 MILLION out of pocket EVERY SINGLE WEEK

£160 MILLION of British taxpayers money we might as well set fire too.

Its time to leave this farce permanently.

We are being taken for mugs .

The case is less clear-cut than I thought and I can't find the specific warnings, so I withdraw my original point about the IMF and Osbourne's first budget.

---------- Post added 15-06-2016 at 16:26 ----------

They really have gone "all in". No thought of political survival if they lose the vote it seems.

Seems we have plenty of embarrassing idiots on both sides of this matter.

Perhaps this referendum will provide the UK political scene with a much needed (although disruptive in the short term) shake-up.

It's going to be interesting. Remain have gone crazy. Leave are promising some quite incredible stuff. Even I'm tempted.

The problem is once wd do vote to leave, which now looks highly likely, then all these promises have to come true. It is going to be extremely tough to deliver.

Well there were two quarters of negative growth, Q2 2012 and Q4 2012, but that's not a recession as they're not consecutive. And the contraction in each case was miniscule.

Maybe the papers published before the final data was in based on estimates suggesting a technical recession, which were later finalised.

Who could convince you to Remain, just out of curiosity? Warren Buffet?

I know you will say no one person could persuade you, but is there maybe someone who's opinion you would hold in higher regard than anyone else's?

You can pick anyone, alive or dead.

It's going to be interesting. Remain have gone crazy. Leave are promising some quite incredible stuff. Even I'm tempted.

The problem is once wd do vote to leave, which now looks highly likely, then all these promises have to come true. It is going to be extremely tough to deliver.

Id rather take the gamble on promises being delivered than stay in .

After you take off the back handers and cash with strings attatched we get back from the EU we are still over £160 MILLION out of pocket EVERY SINGLE WEEK

£160 MILLION of British taxpayers money we might as well set fire too.

Its time to leave this farce permanently.

We are being taken for mugs .

Are we?

If the figure that the EU adds 2.5% to GDP is correct then that is

2.5% of £2trillion

Which is £50billion

divide by 52 weeks

£962million a week

Take your £160million a week off

Net gain = £800million a week.

Just sayin...........