EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

After you take off the back handers and cash with strings attatched we get back from the EU we are still over £160 MILLION out of pocket EVERY SINGLE WEEK

£160 MILLION of British taxpayers money we might as well set fire too.

Its time to leave this farce permanently.

We are being taken for mugs .

Riiiiiiiight. We just hand over money and get nothing in return. A bit like the Norwegians.

---------- Post added 15-06-2016 at 17:34 ----------

Are we?

If the figure that the EU adds 2.5% to GDP is correct then that is

2.5% of £2trillion

Which is £50billion

divide by 52 weeks

£962million a week

Take your £160million a week off

Net gain = £800million a week.

Just sayin...........

How dare you use facts to prove you are not a mug. Only a mug would do that.

Id rather take the gamble on promises being delivered than stay in .

It's a massive economic gamble. Make absolutely no mistake about that.

The warnings have been a bit over the top but they are not without basis.

---------- Post added 15-06-2016 at 17:47 ----------

Gove telling fibs.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/15/michael-gove-father-company-eu-policies-fish-processing-aberdeen

His dad has shopped him. How did Gove jr think he could get away with that.

---------- Post added 15-06-2016 at 17:48 ----------

Riiiiiiiight. We just hand over money and get nothing in return. A bit like the Norwegians.

---------- Post added 15-06-2016 at 17:34 ----------

How dare you use facts to prove you are not a mug. Only a mug would do that.

Just for fun let's take £350m off

Only £610million a week net gain. Oh well...

Edited by I1L2T3

Who could convince you to Remain, just out of curiosity? Warren Buffet?

I know you will say no one person could persuade you, but is there maybe someone who's opinion you would hold in higher regard than anyone else's?

You can pick anyone, alive or dead.

This is not about economics to me. If I thought that the EU was on a trajectory toward a simple free trade zone I would be content to remain.

I respect the fact that for others it is in large part about economics. I therefore seek to point out the weaknesses of the economic arguments for remain when I see such weaknesses. The biggest weakness is the lack of credibility based on similar predictions regarding matters of european integration in the past.

What would convince you to vote leave?

---------- Post added 15-06-2016 at 17:55 ----------

Are we?

If the figure that the EU adds 2.5% to GDP is correct then that is

2.5% of £2trillion

Which is £50billion

divide by 52 weeks

£962million a week

Take your £160million a week off

Net gain = £800million a week.

Just sayin...........

It's a big if.

Yes he has gone completely and utterly mad. If you want evidence that he is a clueless buffoon, which I have been arguing he is for years on here, then there you have it.

While Osborne is threatening fake hell and damnation, Farage is having a cracking day out on the Thames.

Cameron and Osborne's careers at the top ended this week IMO. They can't recover from this.

If he's got to cut that much back he's not competent to do the job. It's not a statement it's a letter of resignation.

This is not about economics to me. If I thought that the EU was on a trajectory toward a simple free trade zone I would be content to remain.

I respect the fact that for others it is in large part about economics. I therefore seek to point out the weaknesses of the economic arguments for remain when I see such weaknesses. The biggest weakness is the lack of credibility based on similar predictions regarding matters of european integration in the past.

What would convince you to vote leave?

---------- Post added 15-06-2016 at 17:55 ----------

It's a big if.

What is it then? Let's do the sums.

So you still don't trust the IMF.

Ok.

I think this referendum must be good for democracy.

People are being forced to argue with their political friends and support the party that they are normally against.

What if it turns out it's more than 2.5%.

Assuming leave wins, that would be bad. Although not as bad as losing self-government.

What if it turns out to be less than 0.5%, or negative?

---------- Post added 15-06-2016 at 18:17 ----------

I think this referendum must be good for democracy.

People are being forced to argue with their political friends and support the party that they are normally against.

Agree completely.

I have been doing academic surveys on the EU over the last week. I have done about 10. One question today was how evolved do you see the Polish with a scale from a chimpanzee to a modern man. I kid you not I wish I had done a screen shot. Then it asked how evolved do you see Europeans with the same scale. That was from someone in the University of Edinburgh.

Well Osbourne and Geldolf are clearly campaigning for the Leave side today. Osbourne with his ridiculous punishment budget which immediately had 60 back bench Tories vow they would oppose and Geldof in his remain flotilla on the Thames swearing and sticking the rods up at the fishermen who are worried about their livelihoods. Its as if the Tories have money on at the bookies for a leave vote and will do anything to get it.