EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Assuming leave wins, that would be bad. Although not as bad as losing self-government.

What if it turns out to be less than 0.5%, or negative?

We'll see.

Leave could end up looking like prize chumps. Possibly hated by the electorate. Huge gamble.

I have been doing academic surveys on the EU over the last week. I have done about 10. One question today was how evolved do you see the Polish with a scale from a chimpanzee to a modern man. I kid you not I wish I had done a screen shot. Then it asked how evolved do you see Europeans with the same scale. That was from someone in the University of Edinburgh.

Well Osbourne and Geldolf are clearly campaigning for the Leave side today. Osbourne with his ridiculous punishment budget which immediately had 60 back bench Tories vow they would oppose and Geldof in his remain flotilla on the Thames swearing and sticking the rods up at the fishermen who are worried about their livelihoods. Its as if the Tories have money on at the bookies for a leave vote and will do anything to get it.

Of course there are those that think Geldof, in typical Geldof fashion, was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of Nigel Thatcherite Farage.

Geldof is a punk, a Boomtown Rat, Farage is a politician, wtf is he doing going down the Thames like a flag waving nutcase?

It is a gamble but so is staying in. You cannot deny that the EU is holding things back as every year the budget has been published by now. I would say that is the least contentious issue as we all know it will go up but what else are they holding back. I know you will say they are holding nothing back, then why not publish the budget.

It is a gamble but so is staying in. You cannot deny that the EU is holding things back as every year the budget has been published by now. I would say that is the least contentious issue as we all know it will go up but what else are they holding back. I know you will say they are holding nothing back, then why not publish the budget.

Germany & UK are 4th and 5th biggest economies in world

With relatively small populations it's difficult to say the EU is bad for business.

China, US and India are fast growing out of the EU. The Swiss have triple spending power we do.

Japan is slow growth tho. So it's hard to say.

I read in the news that Rolls Royce have sent letters to their workers saying that they should vote remain.

That is no surprise because Rolls Royce have benefited from EU money.

Technically it was by email.

Also, Warren East also said that nearly 50% of its European workforce is in continental Europe and being in the EU makes it far simply to operate in. Not to mention, investments such as the new £65mil aero test facility in Derby would be put on hold.

RR either directly or indirectly affects approximately 200,000 jobs through its supply chain of over 9000 suppliers. RR's intervention now is probably the most significant from all the businesses so far.

Yes, RR does benefit from EU money in the form of research funding. But its core business is in aero engines with Airbus being a major European customer.

Technically it was by email.

Also, Warren East also said that nearly 50% of its European workforce is in continental Europe and being in the EU makes it far simply to operate in. Not to mention, investments such as the new £65mil aero test facility in Derby would be put on hold.

RR either directly or indirectly affects approximately 200,000 jobs through its supply chain of over 9000 suppliers. RR's intervention now is probably the most significant from all the businesses so far.

Yes, RR does benefit from EU money in the form of research funding. But its core business is in aero engines with Airbus being a major European customer.

Some of it based right here in this region too.