EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

That's the budget for 2016.

The've delayed the publication of the planned 2017 budget.

http://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/policies/eu-annual-budget/2017/

Ahhh yes the one they postponed to recalculate the effect of the migrant crisis.

The one that has got all the Kippers agitated because it's all a conspiracy...even though there is no obligation to present until Septemer.

Yeah, that one. Ok.

That's the budget for 2016.

The've delayed the publication of the planned 2017 budget.

http://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/policies/eu-annual-budget/2017/

Specifically because of the referendum. How can they make a budget for next year when they don't know what will happen.

If they made a budget and included UK contributions Brexiters would be going bonkers about it.

Nothing cynical. Just pragmatic.

Specifically because of the referendum. How can they make a budget for next year when they don't know what will happen.

If they made a budget and included UK contributions Brexiters would be going bonkers about it.

No, it's because of the migrant crisis

Edited by Shef1985

Ahhh yes the one they postponed to recalculate the effect of the migrant crisis.

The one that has got all the Kippers agitated because it's all a conspiracy...even though there is no obligation to present until Septemer.

Yeah, that one. Ok.

Well there's 2 opinions there. I honestly don't know.

I1L2T3: Doesn't make much sense. Article 50 exit takes minimum 2 years. We have to keep paying in the meantime. Still maybe, forward planning and stuff, there's enough impact on the budget to make them hold off.

Shef1985: Is that the official explanation?

Well there's 2 opinions there. I honestly don't know.

I1L2T3: Doesn't make much sense. Article 50 exit takes minimum 2 years. We have to keep paying in the meantime. Still maybe, forward planning and stuff, there's enough impact on the budget to make them hold off.

Shef1985: Is that the official explanation?

Far as I can tell.

Unofficial explanation is we are all dooooooomed and they just don't want Britain to know yet. But that's just UKIP opinion.

Edited by Shef1985

Far as I can tell.

Unofficial explanation is we are all dooooooomed and they just don't want Britain to know yet. But that's just UKIP opinion.

Well if they publish a week on Friday, I think you're going to own the UKIP conspiracy theorists an apology.

Leave could end up looking like prize chumps. Possibly hated by the electorate. Huge gamble.
That's my pronostic, if the vote is Brexit.

Many Brexiters appear clearly deluded about the weight and influence of the UK in global economics outside of the EU and its current symbiotic relationship with it.

They'll find out soon enough. Which is exactly why Cameron and Osbourne will pull an insta-Teflon act by walking off soonest after a Brexit vote, so none of that aftermath sticks to them. Osbourne today just prepared the ground, so did Cameron by defending him. Quick and painless way out, "regrettably I don't have the confidence of the Commons anymore so I quit" all set and ready, in case Brexit.

Blair pulled it off with Brown, so did Ahern with Cowen, it's the oldest pass-the-political-bomb game in the world.

I've zero doubt the Leavers will eventually brand Cameron & Osbourne all sorts of "coward"-like epithets for it, and blame them instead of the Leave figureheads and themselves.

Edited by L00b

oh well not to worry then. If we brexit it will only be the UK that suffers, We will have made our bed and lie in it, passing our own laws about how big the bed is, who can sleep in it etc

---------- Post added 15-06-2016 at 20:23 ----------

Just watching mary Beards Ultimate Rome, the last episode about its fall, the similarities are astonishing, substitute EU for Rome and she could be talking about now.