EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

I would love to see the young folk of the UK uprooting themselves to live a few hundred miles away from their homes to work in the chicken processing factories in Deepest Nowhere,saving money while they are doing it to get on the housing ladder.......more power to their elbows and look forward to them taking up the slack from the Latvians.

Well that's the thing isn't it. If our population didn't keep increasing we wouldn't need so many jobs. So there may be jobs that the Latvians do. They can do them in Latvia and sell us the processed chicken.

I believe the loss of £4300 has been explained, even by remain that it is not a loss as such intimating that it is something you have that is taken away.

It is actually that by 2030, yes 2030, you will have £4300 less than what you would have if you Brexit rather than remain.

It is per household, in my house hold are 4 adults ( because my two sons cannot get on the property ladder ) each work so that loss is £1007.50p over 4 years, that is £251.875p per year, a price all 4 of us are willing to pay as all 4 are voting out.

Well that's the thing isn't it. If our population didn't keep increasing we wouldn't need so many jobs. So there may be jobs that the Latvians do. They can do them in Latvia and sell us the processed chicken.

Are you serious?.........jobs are being created,the unemployment rate is falling despite immigration.How much extra do you think that chicken is going to cost when it's imported?

Are you serious?.........jobs are being created,the unemployment rate is falling despite immigration.How much extra do you think that chicken is going to cost when it's imported?

I don't know. How much more does imported New Zealand lamb cost compared to British lamb? I'll help you out here. It's about half the price.

As the majority of the food we buy is imported from every corner of the globe I would imagine the cost of imported chicken in the future will be roughly the same as the cost of the chicken that we currently import. In fact the food that we import that currently carries an EU tarriff may well come down in price.

Edited by foxy lady

I missed who is being referred to here. But Farage made a right fool of himself in his reply to an ITV presenter when he was asked what he thought about Bob Geldof yelling him down on fishing and calling him a fraud. He basically said it was disgusting 'these are multi-millionaires telling the working classes what to do!'

Conveniently reinforcing the fact he is a fraud. This is a man taking home a full MEP's wage for not showing up to any but one of the fishery committee meetings Bob Geldof was talking about.

Endearing hypocrite with a smile, the most awful sort of politician in my opinion.

I agree......Here's good old Bob doing his bit for the poor....http://21stcenturywire.com/2016/04/11/poverty-pimp-sir-bob-geldof-wants-100000-for-anti-povery-speech/

---------- Post added 16-06-2016 at 20:04 ----------

There's defo a shortfall in the EU budget though. I read it somewhere.

For your perusal......https://fullfact.org/economy/20bn-black-hole-eu-finances/

I agree......Here's good old Bob doing his bit for the poor....http://21stcenturywire.com/2016/04/11/poverty-pimp-sir-bob-geldof-wants-100000-for-anti-povery-speech/

I don't mind Bob's hypocrisy, he's not a politician. The whole thing was rather farcical.

Two frauds in boats. Thoroughly entertaining.

I don't know. How much more does imported New Zealand lamb cost compared to British lamb? I'll help you out here. It's about half the price.

As the majority of the food we buy is imported from every corner of the globe I would imagine the cost of imported chicken in the future will be roughly the same as the cost of the chicken that we currently import. In fact the food that we import that currently carries an EU tarriff may well come down in price.

Let's go for it then,shut down farms and business here and leave it to the EU and the rest of the world to produce everything for the UK.

I was listening to LBC radio yesterday, Shelagh Fogarty had a young student on the programme who was on Geldofs boat, I got the impression that Fogherty was expecting her to lay into Farage with a first hand account of what happened.

That’s not what she got, she cut short the conversation when she found out that the student was incensed at the uncaring pompous & arrogant attitude of the In Campaign and the way Geldof & the rest of the Tory MPs shouted, sneered & swore at fishermen as they passed and the attitude they had towards the working class fishermen.

That's the problem with "leave"..there's no certitude as to the landscape afterwards..

Try this....https://fullfact.org/economy/eu-referendum-economy-and-you/

Scroll down a bit.

Edited by GLASGOWOODS

I was listening to LBC radio yesterday, Shelagh Fogarty had a young student on the programme who was on Geldofs boat, I got the impression that Fogherty was expecting her to lay into Farage with a first hand account of what happened.

That’s not what she got, she cut short the conversation when she found out that the student was incensed at the uncaring pompous & arrogant attitude of the In Campaign and the way Geldof & the rest of the Tory MPs shouted, sneered & swore at fishermen as they passed and the attitude they had towards the working class fishermen.

For what it's worth, it was not the In campaign, it was Bob Geldof.

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/10481804.html?edition=uk