EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

I believe the loss of £4300 has been explained, even by remain that it is not a loss as such intimating that it is something you have that is taken away.

It is actually that by 2030, yes 2030, you will have £4300 less than what you would have if you Brexit rather than remain.

It is per household, in my house hold are 4 adults ( because my two sons cannot get on the property ladder ) each work so that loss is £1007.50p over 4 years, that is £251.875p per year, a price all 4 of us are willing to pay as all 4 are voting out.

https://fullfact.org/europe/4300-question-would-leaving-eu-really-make-every-household-worse/

I'm late to this debate for the simple reason that up until yesterday I simply hadn't made up my mind.

I've decided I will be voting to leave.

What swung it for me was the democratic deficit at the heart of Europe; and the apparent lack of concern by a number of high profile figures in the European project that this is even a problem.

Well said, and what makes it worse is that some of the professional bodies the In Campaign are quoting should declare an interest, the CBI receives EU funding, this was quoted by Jacob Rees Mogg on James Obrians show this week. He also said that one of the conditions of receiving the money was that they didn't say anything that would go against the EU project.

I'm late to this debate for the simple reason that up until yesterday I simply hadn't made up my mind.

What swung it for me was the democratic deficit at the heart of Europe; and the apparent lack of concern by a number of high profile figures in the European project that this is even a problem.

This is a major problem with the EU, but do you think a Gove/Johnson government would be more inclined towards openness and transparency, and less inclined to govern in the interests of big business?

I'm not convinced they are, and the prospect of handing them any kind of mandate is enough for me to vote to stay, for now.

Well said, and what makes it worse is that some of the professional bodies the In Campaign are quoting should declare an interest, the CBI receives EU funding, this was quoted by Jacob Rees Mogg on James Obrians show this week. He also said that one of the conditions of receiving the money was that they didn't say anything that would go against the EU project.

Ahhhh if Mogg says it, it must be true!!!!

Read the article below.

http://news.cbi.org.uk/business-issues/uk-and-the-european-union/faqs-eu/

This is a major problem with the EU, but do you think a Gove/Johnson government would be more inclined towards openness and transparency, and less inclined to govern in the interests of big business?

I'm not convinced they are, and the prospect of handing them any kind of mandate is enough for me to vote to stay, for now.

I guess this referendum has made for some strange bedfellows. However as UK voters we can get rid of Gove and Johnson....We can't vote to get rid of this huge bureaucracy that is distant and remote.

You must have huge faith in our current elected officials. Osborns going to spank your buttocks red raw with £30bn in cuts and tax increases - out of spite really as it would too soon to do it out of necessity. Places like Cornwall will be borked too as they get lots of eu cash. Or not, George won't give them any if we leave. Any money Cornwall gets (and other areas including ours too I suppose) get money because the local gdp is below the national average (or something like that - I'll find the article). Any money given to poorer areas will be politically motivated. South Yorkshire won't do well.

I'm hoping for a remain win swiftly followed by a general election. Cameron et al behaviour has been reprehensible. The EU is long way from perfect but I think the tide is changing across Europe.

I guess this referendum has made for some strange bedfellows. However as UK voters we can get rid of Gove and Johnson....We can't vote to get rid of this huge bureaucracy that is distant and remote.

Yes that is a valid argument, but if Brexit prompts the breakup of the UK then given the domainance of the Tories in England you could be stuck with them for some time.

That says they are both funded by them and indiviudal employees get paid to go on junkets by the EU commision. Hardly a disinterested party?

Is anyone disinterested in the debate???

They act on behalf of their members. Their members support Remain. They are not funded by the EU, they get some EU money to commission economic surveys. £148,000 or 0.6% of their total income.

Mogg greatly over-egged the pudding in his claims. Is that because he's disinterested?

Edited by Shef1985