EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

You must have huge faith in our current elected officials. Osborns going to spank your buttocks red raw with £30bn in cuts and tax increases - out of spite really as it would too soon to do it out of necessity. Places like Cornwall will be borked too as they get lots of eu cash. Or not, George won't give them any if we leave. Any money Cornwall gets (and other areas including ours too I suppose) get money because the local gdp is below the national average (or something like that - I'll find the article). Any money given to poorer areas will be politically motivated. South Yorkshire won't do well.

I'm hoping for a remain win swiftly followed by a general election. Cameron et al behaviour has been reprehensible. The EU is long way from perfect but I think the tide is changing across Europe.

I don't have huge faith in our current elected officials! I'm not ideologically opposed to working closely with Europe on a number of issues, and I'm not totally naïve when it comes to the democratic deficit in the UK.

I personally would like to see a return to Jean Monet’s original European ideal: one that brings the peoples of Europe together in free trade, mutual respect and co-operation.

Also I believe that already many wealthy areas of Britain receive larger grants from central government

---------- Post added 16-06-2016 at 21:15 ----------

Yes that is a valid argument, but if Brexit prompts the breakup of the UK then given the domainance of the Tories in England you could be stuck with them for some time.

Isn't that a counsel of despair?

Edited by Mister M

I don't have huge faith in our current elected officials! I'm not ideologically opposed to working closely with Europe on a number of issues, and I'm not totally naïve when it comes to the democratic deficit in the UK.

I personally would like to see a return to Jean Monet’s original European ideal: one that brings the peoples of Europe together in free trade, mutual respect and co-operation.

---------- Post added 16-06-2016 at 21:15 ----------

Isn't that a counsel of despair?

Not if you are a hardline Tory it's not.

Or a UKIP voter, because they are all hardline Tories......:suspect:

Let's go for it then,shut down farms and business here and leave it to the EU and the rest of the world to produce everything for the UK.

You've lost your arguement so you're off on a strop.

The UK has plenty that we can make that will provide the high wage jobs. We currently import around 1.8 million cars. Those cars are made from foreign steel. Just imagine if we were forced to stop trading with the EU and had to manufacture them here using UK made steel. What we dob't need are the jobs where UK workers won't do them, so we have to bring in foreign workers and pay them below minimum wage.

Edited by foxy lady

Not if you are a hardline Tory it's not.

Or a UKIP voter, because they are all hardline Tories......:suspect:

Then isn't it up to the people in poorer parts of Britain to make their voices heard and agitate for change?

I think the older I get the less convinced I am that party politics, as it is practiced today, seems to do not very much for those without. Up until recently there were three political parties all vying for the business vote, with the encouragement of much of the media. Is it any wonder that those near the bottom feel disenfranchised and alienated?

You've lost your arguement so you're off on a strop.

The UK has plenty that we can make that will provide the high wage jobs. We currently import around 1.8 million cars. Those cars are made from foreign steel. Just imagine if we were forced to stop trading with the EU and had to manufacture them here using UK made steel.

There's no argument to lose,we were talking about chickens and you got on to exporting those jobs to Latvia,then you said that foreign lamb was cheaper.Therefore,there's no point in any sensible government post brexit,replacing EU farming subsidies lost,with the money saved from not giving to EU funds if we can import it cheaper than producing it........more money for the NHS and infrastructure then,and let the farmers go the same way as the steel industry.

As for the steel,I thought it was the Chinese dumping it,not the EU.

Then isn't it up to the people in poorer parts of Britain to make their voices heard and agitate for change?

I think the older I get the less convinced I am that party politics, as it is practiced today, seems to do not very much for those without. Up until recently there were three political parties all vying for the business vote, with the encouragement of much of the media. Is it any wonder that those near the bottom feel disenfranchised and alienated?

None whatsoever.

Yes that is a valid argument, but if Brexit prompts the breakup of the UK then given the domainance of the Tories in England you could be stuck with them for some time.

I have no problem with the Jocks leaving the UK if they wish . It would be a win ,win situation for England.

The Jocks leave ,and we could create thousands of new construction jobs by rebuilding Hadrians wall to make sure they stay north of the border.

I have no problem with the Jocks leaving the UK if they wish . It would be a win ,win situation for England.

The Jocks leave ,and we could create thousands of new construction jobs by rebuilding Hadrians wall to make sure they stay north of the border.

Who's going to pay for that wall?

Mexico!

Who's going to pay for that wall?

Mexico!

Have you been living in a cave man? The mexicans are paying for the wall between SA and zim. The south africans are paying for the wall between KSA and Yemen. The wall between us and our Scottish friends is paid for by the quebecois for speaking foriegn in one of our colonies

Have you been living in a cave man? The mexicans are paying for the wall between SA and zim. The south africans are paying for the wall between KSA and Yemen. The wall between us and our Scottish friends is paid for by the quebecois for speaking foriegn in one of our colonies

Oh....I thought they were paying for a wall between the US and Mexico.

Depends who you ask though.