EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

There's nothing wrong with wanting to peacefully unite Europe into a single state.

There's something wrong with doing so without being upfront about it in the hope that we'll not notice until it's too late. I think the deception is being perpetrated by the pro-EU crowd in the UK more than the Eurocrats though.

Whether you think it's best or not to pursue the goal of a united Europe, I think we can all agree that it must be the peoples' choice.

You don't have to take the Guardians' word for it, look for yourself! Veterans who actually fought are overwhelmingly in favour of remaining. Claiming they fought so we could go backwards is just an insult to them and common sense.

Are they really. How many did they ask? Was it just his uncle?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/may/25/more-former-military-officers-join-brexit-campaign-eu-referendum

I'm voting out. The folk in our pub are overwhelmingly voting out.

Edited by foxy lady

You don't have to take the Guardians' word for it, look for yourself! Veterans who actually fought are overwhelmingly in favour of remaining. Claiming they fought so we could go backwards is just an insult to them and common sense.

Do you have some stats to back up your claim? (Not a letter in the guardian from one bloke)

It's not a case of rolling over and accepting control from "them", it is joining with others to help us all. The UK becomes part of the control, not an inanimate subject.

A bit like joining a Co-op.

Very true, some people cannot get beyond the them and us relationship when it comes to the EU. They can't seem to realise that when it comes to the EU, we are part of "them". Inside the EU we're a part of the decision making process, a process that will still have ramifications on our country whether or not we Brexit.

Although my dad did not fight in WW2 as he joined the navy in 1949 at age 14, he did fight and kill in Korea as his was the nearest RN ship and the crew were deployed on land to fight. He also fought in Aden, took part in Suez and was deployed in various other areas of aggresion/ incursion/ unrest on behalf of this country.He left the navy in 1967. He also voted to join the EEC and now feels he was lied to in that vote and is now voting out.

Does he count as a veteran, you make up your mind.

What pathetic sentimentality to invoke the war in your argument. We didn't win it single handed you know! Do you know how any Poles flew for the RAF? How many Irish fought with the UK despite Ireland being neutral? How we relied on America to send us equipment etc?

I was responding to another poster who claimed the majority of veterans supported remain.

As a veteran of more recent conflicts I have met more WW2 vets than most and am fully aware of the international nature of Allied forces. So wind your neck in you never served belter.

I was responding to another poster who claimed the majority of veterans supported remain.

As a veteran of more recent conflicts I have met more WW2 vets than most and am fully aware of the international nature of Allied forces. So wind your neck in you never served belter.

What is a belter? You say it a lot....I think you're the only person that knows what it means.