EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

If my country votes remain, I will never be patriotic again...ever!

I really cannot comprehend the British people who are happy to give up their own sovereignty. My god, wars have been fought, millions have died and for what...so that their future generations can roll over and cower!!

It makes my blood boil to think back to the grit this nation once had and to see it today consumed by greed and personal materialistic wealth.

It really knocks it home just how pathetic this country is.

As for the future should the remainers prevail....I see no point in ever voting again. What does it achieve? We simply elect the puppets to dance in Westminster to the tune Europe decides to play!

Unbelievable, that a nation is so willing to give up so easily without a fight!

Except we wouldn't be. The 1973 act is still in place. It may be a troll but it is covered over a number of pages of this thread.

We RAN OUT on France and Belgium, believe the BEF fought against enormous odds whilst the French and belguims were busy surrendering and opening the English flanks.

If it was not for Dynamo and saving what was left of OUR forces fighting in YOUR country then you, the French would be even more subservient to the Germans than you are now and speaking German. Loob you have gone way down in my estimation, my grandfather lost his brother fighting outside Dunkirk, and thanks to your grandad helping the British airmen but you know he could have got a rifle and joined the free French forces.

Yes your memory is indeed short. I think you will find that Britain and the USA sank the French fleet at Toulon. You learn which friends you can trust and which ones change sides.
You mean Mers El Kebir.

This is the Toulon scuttling.

You're welcome :|

We RAN OUT on France and Belgium, believe the BEF fought against enormous odds whilst the French and belguims were busy surrendering and opening the English flanks.

If it was not for Dynamo and saving what was left of OUR forces fighting in YOUR country then you, the French would be even more subservient to the Germans than you are now and speaking German. Loob you have gone way down in my estimation, my grandfather lost his brother fighting outside Dunkirk, and thanks to your grandad helping the British airmen but you know he could have got a rifle and joined the free French forces.

Best not go down that route, panzer. You should read up a lot more about the May-June 40 period before you venture further.

You might for instance want to read about the "Forgotten Battle" of 18-24 June 1940 in Eastern France, where a mere 3 French army corps kept 11 German divisions busy and in place, often times in hand-to-hand combat with bayonets. It's not called the "Forgotten" Battle for nowt, it's quite hard to find any info about it in books and manuals, never mind on the web.

You might want to look into what special status and measures were visited upon Alsace-Moselle and its inhabitants by Germany in 1940.

You might want to look-up the expression 'Malgré Nous' and see what it means.

So, best not go down the personal route either, you don't know anything about what my family went through at the hands of the Nazis. All of the above, and more, is relevant to it.

As for going down in your estimation, I don't know you, so am I going to care? Guess how much.

Edited by L00b
typo

You mean Mers Elk Kebir.

This is the Toulon scuttling.

You're welcome :|

May I just say that the Brexiters criticising the French and our other European allies from WWII do not speak for all of us.

I hope that following Brexit we shall all remain friends and, if the need arises, once again stand shoulder to shoulder to defend ourselves and our shared values.

Are you deficient? I said it was pathetic sentimentality to invoke the War.

I never said I believed the doom-sayers about WWIII.

Clearly you are deficient as I was merely responding to another post invoking the war. It would appear your accusation of pathetic sentimentality should be pointed elsewhere.

Clearly you are deficient as I was merely responding to another post invoking the war. It would appear your accusation of pathetic sentimentality should be pointed elsewhere.

So think it was directed at you then? Well, it wasn't, so don't get so bloody flouncy.