EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Let's wait and see, if Britain does leave the EU, many of those who've been coasting the gravy train are in for a reality check.

You mean the people who provide you with jobs? Yes they will, first thing they do, cut the gravy train. Ie. British people who are honest, moral and principled, but not in a position to compete with Slovak honest, moral and principled people because Britain dumped itself out of the single market.

Sure, the ignorant are much more likely to understand the issues and make the right decision. :huh:
In fairness, they always mostly do before going under the knife ;)

Might have to do something with the expert advising them about the personal consequences of their decision :twisted:

Edited by L00b

Why on earth should the death of Jo Cox have any bearing on the EU referendum vote?

Simply because a lot of people will use it as a fickle way of voting remain, have seen people on twitter say they are going to vote remain in her memory etc.....

Also the fact the campaign has stalled means it might be hard for leave to get immigration back in the forefront od people's minds with the same forcefulness

I`m definitely voting to stay in, as are virtually all the people I know. Interestingly most of the the "working class" people I talk to seem to be voting to leave, where as most of the "middle class" are voting to stay. But what`s most interesting is the high percentage of people who are intending to vote. I don`t think that`s just because it`s a very important issue, I think it`s also because this vote is the ultimate form of proportional representation. Everyone`s vote counts equally, no votes will be wasted voting one way in a constituency where most people vote the other way. Food for thought ?

The Leave Armada is due to sail down the Humber next week after their manoeuvres on the Thames. Admiral Farage at the wheel.

Whilst old school Eton boys salivate in Westminster rubbing their greasy hands and wot-nots in preparation for a BUMper feast of foreign delicacy should we vote remain.

Edited by mrcharlie

I've been referred to as a troll earlier this evening and now the insinuation I'm uneducated and ignorant!

Fact is I never made out I was "educated"...unlike some it seems. Do these self appointed academics (not) realise just how gormless they come across.

True, I've not had the good fortune to have benefited from an Oxbridge education. I've spent my whole life working. However I know what honesty, morals and principles are, I also know that I would never expect anyone to do something that I wouldn't do myself.

I've met a few who had much better fortune than I, but are these people better than I?? In my view it always seems those who we call the elites have very few morals and principles, infact I'd go as far to say the vast majority would do anything to avoid hard work.

Let's wait and see, if Britain does leave the EU, many of those who've been coasting the gravy train are in for a reality check.

........wonder if you are classed as "uneducated" and ignorant if you have not spent three years at "Uni".

........wonder if you are classed as "uneducated" and ignorant if you have not spent three years at "Uni".

I watched the BBC North debate recently and it struck me that the majority of the leave protagonists in the audience were older males and white. There was clearly some intelligent ones, and others that obviously as not well educated. A real cross section of the middle aged to elderly white male population. Most of them had grey hair, and bizarrely most of them had grey clothes. They were generally badly informed on the topics. There seemed to be a sense of incoherent anger. People were angry but they couldn't explain why.

You should watch it. Probably on iPlayer.

The Remain campaign argues that growth would slow, borrowing costs would rise, profit margins would be squeezed, and both investment and hiring decisions would be delayed. This would culminate in rising unemployment and, ultimately, a recession.

“It’s not an unreasonable-sounding narrative,” ....... However, it is based on a number of assumptions. Firstly, it takes the fact that George Osborne would cut spending and raise taxes as a given. But why would he choose to make the landing harder than it needs to be? Such a move would only serve to deter skittish employers and foreign investors.

Meanwhile, it seems highly unlikely that the Bank of England would sit back and watch chaos unfold. Instead, in the event of a Brexit vote, the central bank would launch a raft of self-protection mechanisms to pull the economy through the turbulent patch. Expect more money printing and quantitative easing (QE). That isn’t great news for savers, but it does make forecasts of rising mortgage costs and falling house prices look wide of the mark.

The Remain camp also stresses that sterling would tumble. “an initial panic seems inevitable”. But depending on what is already priced into the market, we could equally see a rapid bounce back. And even if this rebound doesn’t materialise, it’s not all bad news for the economy. Recent history has taught us that weaker sterling attracts investment and drives up demand for UK exports. It also makes London property more appealing to international investors – just look at the influx of money to our shores after the 2008/09 financial crisis.

Another concern for many analysts is that Brexit may have a domino effect, inspiring a wave of European nations to walk away from the EU. It may mean we end up revisiting Grexit, and all the other eurozone break-ups we’ve speculated on in recent years. But we mustn’t forget that “the eurozone has proved surprisingly durable despite its own internal contradictions”. And, who knows, maybe the UK will simply speed up the institution’s inevitable downfall.

If Brexit goes ahead, the UK will need to answer many tough questions about the sort of economy that it wants to have in future. However, “if pragmatism wins over blind spite, then leaving the EU could be good for both us and the rest of Europe”.

..........from Moneyweek magazine!

---------- Post added 18-06-2016 at 10:39 ----------

I watched the BBC North debate recently and it struck me that the majority of the leave protagonists in the audience were older males and white. There was clearly some intelligent ones, and others that obviously as not well educated. A real cross section of the middle aged to elderly white male population. Most of them had grey hair, and bizarrely most of them had grey clothes. They were generally badly informed on the topics. There seemed to be a sense of incoherent anger. People were angry but they couldn't explain why.

You should watch it. Probably on iPlayer.

.........so what are you trying to say?