EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

I understand that Loob, but if I was being paid by an organisation then I would come out on the side of that organisation.

Its like getting an expert witness for court, you don,t hire one thats going to give bad evidence on your behalf, you hire one thats going to say you are right and what you said would happen, did or will happen.

Even Vote Leave only accounts for 168,000 being paid by the Commission to the IMF...and that's since 2007!

The IMF is funded with YOUR money.

Your court analogy is good but imperfect. The other side has a right to cross examine and use their own experts. This isn't the case with Brexit, just them, Gove et al saying, 'they're wrong.'

If you were in court on the jury and expert testimony was presented and all the other side said was, 'they're wrong' your jury duty would be really rather easy.

Edited by Shef1985

I understand that Loob, but if I was being paid by an organisation then I would come out on the side of that organisation.

Its like getting an expert witness for court, you don,t hire one thats going to give bad evidence on your behalf, you hire one thats going to say you are right and what you said would happen, did or will happen.

Respectfully, I don't think you understand that the IMF is an independent supranational organisation, to the same extent as e.g. the United Nations, the European Patent Office, the Hague International Tribunal <etc.> and that its managing director is appointed irrespective of his or her nationality. Here you go, a bit of useful factual info.

You just see what you want to sate your confirmation bias. IMF, gets EU (EU member states, actually) money, and its current MD is French, therefore it's in the pocket of the EU. You couldn't be more wrong.

If Britain votes to stay, is there any reason it cannot hold another referendum on Leave/Remain?
None whatsoever.

It could hold one the day after if it wished, so long as the HoC passes the relevant Act of Parliament (or amends the existing 2015 European Referendum Act).

Strictly speaking, all there needs to be, at any one time, is a critical mass of voter demand (i.e. political pressure, best applied on the run up to a GE) for it.

Is there a compelling reason to leave now rather than say, in 10 years time?
Or sooner than 10 years indeed. Again, none whatsoever. Edited by L00b

Doesn't matter now anyway. The sympathy vote will swing it for remain.

We'll just have to hope that the IMF got it right for once and that the EU sorts itself out democratically. Looks like the era of the democratic nation state has come to the end. Well it was nice while it lasted.

Loob you are welcome to your opinion and I to mine. You know business but my job entailed knowing people, I do not care how Lagarde was selected she will have bias, whatever anybody says, and that bias will be towards the country she worked for in politics and hence the eu.

Thyme this referendum took 40 years I will not be alive for the next one on a similar time frame.

Not ignoring any comments but got to go out, catch up later

It's legit, the IMF are well respected. They give an upper and lower forecast too.

The IMF, the ones who advise us to stay in the sinking ship,

"IMF issues warning saying eurozone is 'weak' and on the brink of collapse - but STILL insists we shouldn't vote out"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3647683/IMF-issues-warning-saying-eurozone-weak-brink-collapse-insists-shouldn-t-vote-out.html#ixzz4BwKQwp2i

If Britain votes to stay, is there any reason it cannot hold another referendum on Leave/Remain?

Is there a compelling reason to leave now rather than say, in 10 years time?

We'll not get another chance for decades.

---------- Post added 18-06-2016 at 15:51 ----------

The IMF, the ones who advise us to stay in the sinking ship,

"IMF issues warning saying eurozone is 'weak' and on the brink of collapse - but STILL insists we shouldn't vote out"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3647683/IMF-issues-warning-saying-eurozone-weak-brink-collapse-insists-shouldn-t-vote-out.html#ixzz4BwKQwp2i

Lagarde wants us to stay in because that's in the best interests of the EU.

Nothing to do with what's best for the UK.

Doesn't matter now anyway. The sympathy vote will swing it for remain.

We'll just have to hope that the IMF got it right for once and that the EU sorts itself out democratically. Looks like the era of the democratic nation state has come to the end. Well it was nice while it lasted.

Big in bold. What do you mean by that?

Big in bold. What do you mean by that?

Pretty obvious, I'd have thought. A reference to Jo Cox. Unless I am mistaken of course.

We'll not get another chance for decades.
It's odd to see Vote Leave oscillating so wildly between the highest of optimism for life after Brexit and the lowest of pessimism for life after Remain ;)

You'd think they were just as bad as those pesky Remainers oscillating wildly between the highest of optimism for life after Remain and the lowest of pessimism for life after Brexit :hihi:

Edited by L00b