EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

The Any Questions programme was on Radio 4 today but with a change of format. It was a special edition for the killing of Joe Cox and listening to it I got the impression that they were shamefully and subtly trying to link her killing with the Brexit campaign.

Just because there is a real chance that the leave campaign might actually win, the BBC luvvie establishment are handwringing like mad and putting under the microscope the character of political discourse in this country. Like they ever cared about that before! :roll:

Edited by Guest

The Any Questions programme was on Radio 4 today but with a change of format. It was a special edition for the killing of Joe Cox and listening to it I got the impression that they were shamefully and subtly trying to link her killing with the Brexit campaign.

Just because there is a real chance that the leave campaign might actually win, the BBC luvvie establishment are handwringing like mad and putting under the microscope the character of political discourse in this country. Like they ever cared about that before! :roll:

The same luvvie BBC that didn't report on the right wing element of the killing immediately even though several prominent Out newspapers had??

:loopy:

Why are you worried about it?

If it was a politically motivated killing then it may alert people to the fact that, like it or not, the anti-EU campaigns and parties do attract extreme right wingers. It is logical that people would be turned off by that and may decide not to be associated.

If it was a killing by somebody with severe mental illness then it would not be logical for people to change their minds.

Either way it is critical that either side do not mention or use Jo Cox in their campaigns in any way. That would be utterly disgusting.

As far as I can the only thing to worry about is the campaigns not esisting using the death in the next few days. As long as they don't use it then people should be able to make a rational choice not an emotional choice.

You seem to be using her death pretty well.

T3 I agree with you and hope neither side use the tragic death of Jo Cox for gain in this vote. The murderer appears mentally deranged.

Tom I did read about the possible recession but its possible aliens might land before.

I think the problems in Greece are one of many in the eu, story in mail on line about pensioners committing suicide in Greece and how pensions cut etc, sorry do not know how to do the link thing. This country is in dire straits, no matter how it got there, spain is not far behind.

I do not believe this crap about we will not have to bail out the eurozone, they will just say our economy is doing better so give us another billion and a half like they did last year and circumvent it like that.

It is MY PERSONAL opinion and yes I am no expert and all "the experts" say different, that there are some real problems coming home to roost in the eu shortly.

Thats before we even get to the new basket cases that are joining followed at some stage by Turkey ( yeah I know, never going to happen ).

Edited by panzer1

T3 I agree with you and hope neither side use the tragic death of Jo Cox for gain in this vote. The murderer appears mentally deranged.

Tom I did read about the possible recession but its possible aliens might land before.

I think the problems in Greece are one of many in the eu, story in mail on line about pensioners committing suicide in Greece and how pensions cut etc, sorry do not know how to do the link thing. This country is in dire straits, no matter how it got there, spain is not far behind.

I do not believe this crap about we will not have to bail out the eurozone, they will just say our economy is doing better so give us another billion and a half like they did last year and circumvent it like that.

It is MY PERSONAL opinion and yes I am no expert and all "the experts" say different, that there are some real problems coming home to roost in the eu shortly.

Thats before we even get to the new basket cases that are joining followed at some stage by Turkey ( yeah I know, never going to happen ).

Haven't read the Greece piece in the Mail Panz...any mention of their national sport - tax dodging?

(national sport was a term used by their own Government)

Btw, to put in a link here just copy and paste the URL into the text box.

T3 I agree with you and hope neither side use the tragic death of Jo Cox for gain in this vote.

That's exactly the point I'm trying to make. The campaigns should move forward without reference to her death. If they can't manage that then it will be a new low for politics in this country.

The media today has disgusted me. The Guardian is alluding to it being a policitical killing. The Dail Mail has been promoting the idea that mental illness is the main factor. It's almost like battlelines have been drawn over how the event is going to be used.

Neither side can possibly know the truth. They should drop it now before it gets out of hand, and out of respect for the people involved and also the police investigation.

What people need to focus on is voting in good governance not destabilizing the UK with exit from the EU