EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Which one of the 56 laws which we voted against but were nevertheless passed into law effected you most?

Not been following, but I am ok with EU laws, some might be better than our laws.

"In sum, it is correct that UK government ministers have sometimes been outvoted over EU laws, and the UK government has clearly voted ‘No’ on some issues that some sections of the British population think are important.

In terms of the total volume of laws passed, the proportion of times the UK government has been on the “losing side” is small at about 2% since 1999. In recent years the UK has been losing a lot more votes, and now loses a higher proportion of votes than other members."

https://fullfact.org/europe/eu-facts-behind-claims-uk-influence/

You don't like your phoney arguments being found out do you?

I rounded up from 2466 to 2500. What's your point?

---------- Post added 18-06-2016 at 20:50 ----------

Not been following, but I am ok with EU laws, some might be better than our laws.

"In sum, it is correct that UK government ministers have sometimes been outvoted over EU laws, and the UK government has clearly voted ‘No’ on some issues that some sections of the British population think are important.

In terms of the total volume of laws passed, the proportion of times the UK government has been on the “losing side” is small at about 2% since 1999. In recent years the UK has been losing a lot more votes, and now loses a higher proportion of votes than other members."

Yes, I'm aware...Quik isn't happy about those 56. We don't know which one bothered him most though.

So you don't have an answer.

It's not like I'm not having to repeat points I've made before.

Us being on the majority side 2466 when unimanity was used, against being on the minority side 72 times kind of tells a bit of a story don't you think?

That is we are in agreement with the majority of our EU partners 97.2% of the time.

Quite a compelling statistic. That doesn't look like a serious case of laws being imposed on us.

I know you are going to argue that the EU is a superstate ever increasing in power and it will fully get us in the end, but first maybe do a bit of research into whether the incidence of us being in the minority is increasing.......

2466 times the UK has agreed with legislation, 56 times it hasn't and we were outvoted. Which one of those 56 had the biggest impact on YOUR life? It's a simple question.

I notice you don't provide a list. I provided a list disproving your veto point. Fair's fair.

Us being on the majority side 2466 when uninamity was used, against being on the minority side 72 times kind of tells a bit of a story don't you think?

That is we are in agreement with the majority of our EU partners 97.2% of the time.

Quite a compelling statistic. That doesn't look like a serious case of laws being imposed on us.

I know you are going to argue that the EU is a superstate ever increasing in power and it will fully get us in the end, but first maybe do a bit of research into whether the incidence of us being in the minority is increasing.......

I have:

Between 2009 and 2015, we were in the losing minority 12.3% of the time compared with 2.6% between 2004 and 2009. Spin that as insignificant.

---------- Post added 18-06-2016 at 20:53 ----------

Let's see if Quik gets there first...

Let's not and say we did.

You're placing the research burden a little unfairly.

I have:

Between 2009 and 2015, we were in the losing minority 12.3% of the time compared with 2.6% between 2004 and 2009. Spin that as insignificant.

It is still statistically insignificant..grand total is only 56..just we lost a few more times in recent years.

Germany loses sometimes too. Poor Queen Merkel!

---------- Post added 18-06-2016 at 20:55 ----------

I have:

---------- Post added 18-06-2016 at 20:53 ----------

Let's not and say we did.

You're placing the research burden a little unfairly.

I know, it's more fun that way. Especially since he called me a traitor like a petulant child.

I rounded up from 2466 to 2500. What's your point?[

My point is that regarding the 2466 acts of legislation, we were not on any "winning side", rather we merely agreed with them and went along with them. They were largely uncontroversial, uncontentious matters, whereas if we have the audacity to want to control immigration etc, we have no chance.

It is still statistically insignificant..grand total is only 56..just we lost a few more times in recent years.

Germany loses sometimes too. Poor Queen Merkel!

12% is not, by any reasonable standard, statistically insignificant.

Germany is on 5.4%.

I suspect that part of the problem is that under QMV there is an automatic Eurozone majority.

I know, it's more fun that way. Especially since he called me a traitor like a petulant child.

So your plan is to annoy your opponents into submission. Good entertainment, poor debate.

My point is that regarding the 2466 acts of legislation, we were not on any "winning side", rather we merely agreed with them and went along with them. They were largely uncontroversial, uncontentious matters, whereas if we have the audacity to want to control immigration etc, we have no chance.

Same goes for the 56 or 72 we lost then doesn't it?

No, we cannot change immigration because it is a founding principle.