EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

yes we know he was a neo-Nazi but there's no need to insult other forum members. I don't see anything in his posts about left wing tree huggers, maybe you need to reread his posts when you've clamed down.

He has made 22...have a look at the others earlier in the thread. It's right there.

---------- Post added 18-06-2016 at 23:20 ----------

This is what worries me, that people could be so utterly stupid to vote a certain way because of this death

What is the point of voting for someone who is dead, you should be voting on the issues not something spread out by tree hugging lefties

Ipso facto QED.

Just watched some of the Lexit vid on YouTube, some pretty convincing arguments to get the hell out of this corrupt organisation. I once , as a conspiracy theorist, thought FIFA was just a little bit corrupt. Mark me down as a conspiracy theorist as regards the EU x

Just watched some of the Lexit vid on YouTube, some pretty convincing arguments to get the hell out of this corrupt organisation. I once , as a conspiracy theorist, thought FIFA was just a little bit corrupt. Mark me down as a conspiracy theorist as regards the EU x

Conspiracy theorist for thinking FIFA was corrupt?

Not exactly one of X-File's Lone Gunmen are ya?

Let's be straight about this. There are a lot of bad things about the EU. The way it is driven from the centre is seriously pro-big business. It advocates austerity for member countries, unless they are Germany. It spends a huge proportion of its budget supporting big land-owning interests, dressed up as support for small agricultural operators. There is a democratic deficit. It is damaging to employment levels in many of its countries.

It categorically has gone wrong if your country is, as the UK is, a predominantly mercantile country. That said we have survived the worst of it.

What we need from it IMO is its access to a single market, nothing really more than that. My hope is that we can drive that side of it forward as the key benefit for us, gradually stepping aside from the processes that drive ever tighter integration of the Eurozone countries. I hope we may even be able to reverse some of the policy decisions that really don't suit us. Maybe after a few years of that, if Cameron's opt-out is as good as it looks, then we can stabilise our relationship as a primarily trading relationship. It may even be that after maybe 5 years of that process it would make no sense for us to remain as full members, or maybe we may even opt to become part of a three speed Europe where countries can be members purely on a trade basis - I see this as being the critical reform we need. It may even be that a partial Eurozone collapse is the route to achieving that.

It's not the right time to jump ship IMO. We do have an opportunity to seriously reform the EU for our benefit. We need to take it. I can't imagine a scenario where we remain and then having made that decision do not drive through some serious change for our benefit.

---------- Post added 19-06-2016 at 00:27 ----------

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/18/politicians-eu-membership-blair-clegg-brexit-referendum

Clegg, Blair, Chakrabati....a whos who of anti British dross call to vote for the EU over Britain.

No ta!

Trust me, I understand where you are coming from on that.

Very sad for the MP that died doing her job but I Would hope that neither side uses it for gain in this referendum.

Interesting mindset there, panzer.

I'm struggling to see how the Brexiters could gain from the murder of "the MP that died doing her job". Unless there's a veiled threat that all Remainers will be murdered too? Help me out here, panzer?

By the way, "the MP that died doing her job" has a name, you know:

Jo Cox MP