EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Your post. I'm talking about putting the cost burden of immigrants on those that employ them rather than as present the taxpayer.

The taxpayer pays for the civil service who would have extra work dealing with former free movement migrants needing visas,checking the legitimacy of health care,policing visa stays and chasing after any overstayers........unemployed UK people doing those jobs would not need any of that,plus the strain on the infrastructure,particularly with regards to housing would not be eased if migrants were still coming in to do cheap labour jobs.

And that really is the top and bottom of it. We can all put double shifts in but if the markets don't like it (and they don't already) then we're recession-bound. It might not last long (or it might) but gove et al failure to even acknowledge that makes me wonder what else they haven't got a clue about.

The problem is, most of the people who'll vote exit will then start the blame game on to the government (who wanted remain) and take no responsibility. Which most of our country is based on.

The taxpayer pays for the civil service who would have extra work dealing with former free movement migrants needing visas,checking the legitimacy of health care,policing visa stays and chasing after any overstayers........unemployed UK people doing those jobs would not need any of that,plus the strain on the infrastructure,particularly with regards to housing would not be eased if migrants were still coming in to do cheap labour jobs.

I'm not suggesting we do not put the unemployed to work. I'm saying in such circumstances where a British worker cannot be found the foreigners total cost is borne by their employer for the duration of their work in Britain. So the admin costs etc are billed to the employer not the taxpayer and certainly no tax credits or child benefit or free NHS. Price 'cheap' foreigners at actual cost rather than subsidise them our taxes as we do now.