EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

So did I, it's all becoming a bit of a farce tbh, look at Warsi and all this guilt by association stuff the media are throwing about.

---------- Post added 20-06-2016 at 11:31 ----------

Jeremy Corbyn answering questions on Sky news tonight at 6 I believe.

So did I, it's all becoming a bit of a farce tbh, look at Warsi and all this guilt by association stuff the media are throwing about.

---------- Post added 20-06-2016 at 11:31 ----------

Jeremy Corbyn answering questions on Sky news tonight at 6 I believe.

At least he'll tell the truth wether it's palatable or not even if it means his enemies inside Labour will accuse him(off the record of course)of trying to derail the remain campaign.To be honest even though I can understand why he had toe the line and albeit reluctantly support remain I wish he had lead The Lexit campaign instead

of having the whole campaign framed by differing factions of the tory party.I for one wouldn't have had to abstain.

Some more London-based EU jobs (159 total) to go in case of a Brexit.

Unavoidable, when you think about it: no-one can reasonably expect the EU to keep offices and jobs in the UK, after the UK would exit it.

At least he'll tell the truth wether it's palatable or not even if it means his enemies inside Labour will accuse him(off the record of course)of trying to derail the remain campaign.To be honest even though I can understand why he had toe the line and albeit reluctantly support remain I wish he had lead The Lexit campaign instead

of having the whole campaign framed by differing factions of the tory party. I for one wouldn't have had to abstain.

Why on earth would you "have to" abstain? :huh:

Well at least Mann & Skinner have had the courage to go with their beliefs.

Mann told the BBC Labour voters “fundamentally disagree” with Labour’s official position, echoing a concern Labour’s traditional electoral base may defect further to UKIP. He said the party had not planned any response to voters’ worries about immigration.

http://labourlist.org/2016/06/mann-and-skinner-will-vote-to-leave-the-eu/

Well at least Mann & Skinner have had the courage to go with their beliefs.
Mann is more worried about his fast-eroding voting base in Bassetlaw (replete with Eastern European migrants as it has become), than a belief in any democratic or sovereign deficit at the hands of the EU. Exactly as the quote reflects. And that's just political opportunism in action.

He's fallen a fair way down in my esteem these past few weeks, after repeatedly engaging in political testiculating. This is just more of the same, chasing votes.

It's telling enough that he's decided to vote Leave because "the party had not planned any response to voters’ worries about immigration", when the EU is entirely unconcerned with the "position" of the UK's Labour party, now or at time before, and when the Labour party had since 1997 at the helm and tons of opportunities to do something about EU immigration:

EU enlargement: Transitional provisions

As new countries join the EU, new EU citizens are created. Provisions phasing in free movement rights were initially introduced in response to fears of mass immigration to other Member States, following the accession of Greece (1981) and Portugal and Spain (1986) (Maas 2007). Transitional provisions now appear a feature of accession treaties, at least for some states. They were implemented as regards eight of the ten Member States that joined the EU in 2004 (Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia or Slovenia – the so-called ‘A8 countries’; but not Cyprus and Malta); in 2007 (Bulgaria and Romania – ‘A2 countries’); and for the 2013 accession of Croatia.

Only the UK, Ireland and Sweden decided not to apply restrictions on A8 nationals from the outset thereby allowing them immediate access to the UK labour market, albeit subject to a registration requirement (the Workers Registration Scheme) and limitations on access to benefits. While that scheme is no longer in force, it is noteworthy that it seems to have created a 'sense of illegality' for some EU citizens, making them vulnerable to labour exploitation and, in some instances, forced labour (Dwyer et al 2011).

source

As Mann has been a Labour MP uninterruptedly since 2001, it'd be interesting to see whether he supported or opposed the UK opting out of transitional arrangements for immigration from the EU (A8 ) accession states at the time (sometime in 2003 I expect) and, later, from the EU (A2 ) accession states (sometime in 2005 I expect).

This is all I can find for now..."John Mann generally voted for more EU integration" :twisted:

Edited by L00b

Sometimes when I go to meetings in the morning at the break I am often asked if I would prefer a sausage or bacon sandwhich when I explain to them as a vegetarian I will have to go hungry it is met with a look of bemusement,going hungry is how the referendum is for me.

Sometimes when I go to meetings in the morning at the break I am often asked if I would prefer a sausage or bacon sandwhich when I explain to them as a vegetarian I will have to go hungry it is met with a look of bemusement,going hungry is how the referendum is for me.

I prefer my tea cakes toasted with butter on.

When it comes to breakfasts, you've plenty of choice - bacon, sausage, one of MobileB's teacakes, nothing etc etc. In the case of this referendum, there is only a choice between two. Nothing is not an option. It may not matter to you which you get, and you may not like either, but you will get one of them. political vegetarianism is not an option. You cannot abstain from the result.

When it comes to breakfasts, you've plenty of choice - bacon, sausage, one of MobileB's teacakes, nothing etc etc. In the case of this referendum, there is only a choice between two. Nothing is not an option. It may not matter to you which you get, and you may not like either, but you will get one of them. political vegetarianism is not an option. You cannot abstain from the result.
Doing nothing (abstaining) is always a decision, regardless of whether mediumfast agrees with the subject, the context, the process or the outcome - or not at all.

It's a decision to do nothing. And so there's a can to carry at the end, just the same :|

Loob, Mann says its the poorest in society who are the ones who have been hit by agency workers and zero hours contracts and who have been hit by labour flexibility with so many workers coming into the country, is he wrong ?