EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

I happen to like fresh bass, up until 1st July I can only catch and release, from that date to the end of the year I am restricted to one fish. This all due to eu over fishing of uk waters, the Eu has imposed this directly on myself.

I happen to like fresh bass, up until 1st July I can only catch and release, from that date to the end of the year I am restricted to one fish. This all due to eu over fishing of uk waters, the Eu has imposed this directly on myself.

Interesting. So you want to be able to freely deplete the sea of an already declining fish? I like Seabass too but have no patience to angle. Perhaps it's best for everyone to let the stock rise?

So actual elected fasists who can vote on our laws don't bother you but you are terrified of the rise of someone who looks like he still lives with his mum and won't get more than 1% of the vote in Batley?
Actual elected 'nazi' or 'fascist' MEPs can be counted on the fingers of 1 hand, maybe 2 at the most (depending on criteria), out of 751 of them, and were elected at a time of great popular discontent (motivated at the time essentially by an economic crisis, rather than immigration) in EU member states with a much stronger fascist history than the UK has ever had. Their mandate is 5 years, just like our MPs.

So I just choose to adopt a common-sensical sense of proportion, doused in a bit of historical perspective. Or you can call it cynicism, it's no skin off my nose.

Unsurprisingly, it's not set in stone, and I will be happy to revise my view/opinion if the number of 'fascist' MEPs should go up in time, as EU country after EU country elects its MEPs over time (it's pretty much a roll-on, roll-off process, it's not a pan-European affair).

Hey, it's not as if Le Pen (senior) hasn't been an MEP for 3 decades or thereabouts (elected in 1984, reelected in 1989, 1994, 1999, 2004, 2009) :hihi:

I'm not "terrified" by Buckby or his ilk in the least, I drew attention to him in view of unbeliever's opinion.

Or were you just being disingenuous with your 'oh really' post?
Not really. Read unbeliever's post and my reply again, please. Have another go at understanding them?

So you want to be in a political union with people who elect nazis do you?

Not anymore than you or any other reasonable person does...However, we don't live in a perfect world, whereby 'unfortunate' choices are possible and do happen indeed in view of changing circumstances (the UK did vote in rather a lot of UKIP MEP members last time around, and lost just as much influence in the EU Parliament :hihi:), such that:

If it were me, I'd just say: That's democracy for you. Warts and all. Still the best system we have.
is exactly what I meant with:

Democracy, eh? Only the palatable, confirmation bias-compliant type for Brexiters, please ;)
:) Edited by L00b

Had the eu fleets not overfished uk waters there would be no need to set limits, especially as the boats can still fish but anglers are not allowed one fish, how many do they think I can catch in one day. They are pathetic, banning anglers but commercial fishing still allowed.

Had the eu fleets not overfished uk waters there would be no need to set limits, especially as the boats can still fish but anglers are not allowed one fish, how many do they think I can catch in one day. They are pathetic, banning anglers but commercial fishing still allowed.

It's documented fact that the CFP has some quotas higher than advice scientists recommend. It's due to industry pressure. The UK has been given larger quotas than other nations despite that advice as well.

The ban will last 6 months. In that time just buy your bass in Morrison's.

So you're basing one momentus life changing decision on not being able to kill a flippin fish?

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

:confused:

I think it's a little disturbing how the media are using the tragic death of Jo Cox.

Yes, it was awful and her family have everyone's deepest sympathy.

But, would anyone else receive this amount of publicity were it not for the fact she was an MP and the country votes on Thursday.

I would hate a member of my family to be used the way the media is using this. I think it's extremely disrespectful and distasteful.

Shame on people.