EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Actual elected 'nazi' or 'fascist' MEPs can be counted on the fingers of 1 hand, maybe 2 at the most (depending on criteria), out of 751 of them, and were elected at a time of great popular discontent (motivated at the time essentially by an economic crisis, rather than immigration) in EU member states with a much stronger fascist history than the UK has ever had. Their mandate is 5 years, just like our MPs.

You can count the number of literal fascists in the UK parliament on the fingers of one foot. But according to some, wanting the UK parliament to run the show makes one a fascist.

I don't have a problem with you, or the way you've conducted yourself in this debate. I do have a problem with Tomjames and his attempt to brand Brexiters as fascists in a crude and pathetic effort to win a political debate without engaging on the issues.

Benign unelected, unaccountable technocracy is still unelected, unaccountable technocracy.

Does the UK inhibit the lives of the average man on the street? Tonight I will watch England on TV with a beer. If I get hungry I will call a Chinese because I know UK law quite rightly forbids me to drive drunk to fetch one. Our blood/alcohol level is higher than in most of Europe nonetheless.

Tomorrow I will go work, earn money and have some of it taxed. Set by the UK government.

The average man on the street doesn't encounter your technocracy in their day to day lives. The EU is not Big Brother telling us how to live.

Benign unelected, unaccountable technocracy is still unelected, unaccountable technocracy.

They only directly effect 13% of our laws and we get a vote on those laws like all member states. It's not ideal but People should get over the pooled soverignty issue to be frank.

We can't turn the hands of time back, Britain is changing. The only way is forward in my view in an integrated and reformed Europe.

---------- Post added 20-06-2016 at 16:55 ----------

Cameron was right about one things. We are stronger together.

I think it's a little disturbing how the media are using the tragic death of Jo Cox.

Yes, it was awful and her family have everyone's deepest sympathy.

But, would anyone else receive this amount of publicity were it not for the fact she was an MP and the country votes on Thursday.

I would hate a member of my family to be used the way the media is using this. I think it's extremely disrespectful and distasteful.

Shame on people.

Oh do get over yourself.

Does the UK inhibit the lives of the average man on the street? Tonight I will watch England on TV with a beer. If I get hungry I will call a Chinese because I know UK law quite rightly forbids me to drive drunk to fetch one. Our blood/alcohol level is higher than in most of Europe nonetheless.

Tomorrow I will go work, earn money and have some of it taxed. Set by the UK government.

The average man on the street doesn't encounter your technocracy in their day to day lives. The EU is not Big Brother telling us how to live.

Sure they do. They're just unaware of it.

The reason they're unaware of it is because the EU doesn't legislate the people directly, they legislate the governments. Then the governments legislate the people according to those rules and orders.

The UK government (being of, by and for the people) has a mandate to regulate the UK people. The EU technocrats do not, nor do they have a mandate to do so indirectly by regulating the UK government.

You can count the number of literal fascists in the UK parliament on the fingers of one foot.

You're missing the international nature and dimension of the beast entirely. Unsurprisingly perhaps.

But according to some, wanting the UK parliament to run the show makes one a fascist.
That's a matter of interpretation of Tomjames' post. Your interpretation.

Personally, I read this

Changed my mind. Leave is a scam. And when remain win you will all thank us for saving you from economic recession and fascist rule.
as an attack on the ultraliberal Tory government which is expected to replace the current one in case of a Leave vote.

I suppose that I coloured my interpretation with my own bias ;)

Tom that is one instance which is what was asked for. If you want we can start on what the BASC fear is en route for fire arms licence holders.

Ha, yes, damn the EU for wanting better firearms control after terrorist atrocities!!

They only directly effect 13% of our laws and we get a vote on those laws like all member states. It's not ideal but People should get over the pooled soverignty issue to be frank.

We can't turn the hands of time back, Britain is changing. The only way is forward in my view in an integrated and reformed Europe.

---------- Post added 20-06-2016 at 16:55 ----------

Cameron was right about one things. We are stronger together.

Okay. That's better.

I do not believe people should get over anything. Sovereignty is everything. Without the power to hold the government to account, we're in big trouble.

Sure they do. They're just unaware of it.

The reason they're unaware of it is because the EU doesn't legislate the people directly, they legislate the governments. Then the governments legislate the people according to those rules and orders.

The UK government (being of, by and for the people) has a mandate to regulate the UK people. The EU technocrats do not, nor do they have a mandate to do so indirectly by regulating the UK government.

So unaware of it apparently only you has noticed. You are really quite stale in your arguments.

So unaware of it apparently only you has noticed. You are really quite stale in your arguments.

Many people have noticed. You're just not one of them. Some of them have become aware of it as a result of this referendum campaign. This is a good thing.

I don't understand the point of calling something "stale". Just because something has been consistently true for a long time doesn't devalue it.