EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

You're missing the international nature and dimension of the beast entirely. Unsurprisingly perhaps.

That's a matter of interpretation of Tomjames' post. Your interpretation.

Personally, I read this

as an attack on the ultraliberal Tory government which is expected to replace the current one in case of a Leave vote.

I suppose that I coloured my interpretation with my own bias ;)

It's quite a linear line of argument.

When Europe is divided that's when far right movements gain traction.

And it goes double for this referendum which is heavily based on anti-immigrant rhetoric!

It could easily trigger more countries departure and give a mandate for all prominent far right parties across europe.

Ugh!

We want to give power to whoever the UK people elect to the Uk parliament. We can debate later who that should be. We just want the elected government to govern.

At the moment Cameron has a mandate. After the referendum he probably won't.

---------- Post added 20-06-2016 at 17:18 ----------

Okay. That's better.

I do not believe people should get over anything. Sovereignty is everything. Without the power to hold the government to account, we're in big trouble.

We already have a special arrangement within the EU. You know that.

We can push for more too.

No but all those that did vote for Dave and his mates were in the UK so I go with the verdict and hope for better luck next time, I voted for my mep but my voting card for junker got lost in the post

I'm voting by Proxy as I'm currently in France. As someone who values historical and cultural links to Europe but more specifically France I would prefer us to stay in the EU. I'm not racist, nationalistic nor have any fear or antipathy to Johnny Foreigner. I'm not impressed by fear stories ( millions of Turks coming) and find the racist views of UKIP and Farage " would you like to live next door to a Rumanian " disgusting. Pfeffel Johnson is purely opportunistic, Gove is just throwing his toys out of the pram by opposing " Call me Dave" who demoted him a couple of years ago. People who talk about a democratic deficit in Europe may have a point but it shows a naivety as to how power and influence is owned and exercised in Britain

I also don't eat Bass or own a Gun licence

I'm voting by Proxy as I'm currently in France. As someone who values historical and cultural links to Europe but more specifically France I would prefer us to stay in the EU. I'm not racist, nationalistic nor have any fear or antipathy to Johnny Foreigner. I'm not impressed by fear stories ( millions of Turks coming) and find the racist views of UKIP and Farage " would you like to live next door to a Rumanian " disgusting. Pfeffel Johnson is purely opportunistic, Gove is just throwing his toys out of the pram by opposing " Call me Dave" who demoted him a couple of years ago. People who talk about a democratic deficit in Europe may have a point but it shows a naivety as to how power and influence is owned and exercised in Britain

I also don't eat Bass or own a Gun licence

You're entitled to your opinion. But with the exception of Boris, all the prominent Brexiteers I'm aware of (most especially Gove) have been railing against the EU for decades. As have many on the Labour benches.

---------- Post added 20-06-2016 at 17:25 ----------

We already have a special arrangement within the EU. You know that.

We can push for more too.

Good luck with that.

Edited by unbeliever