EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Okay, I work part time and earn just over 7k p.a. I've always thought the EU was all about big business and for them, keeping us in the EU provides an abundance of labour which in turn keeps wages low, isn't it in the interest of big business for us to stay in, obviously. My D.I.L is also on minimum wage she is a carer and has been working in the same job for over 10 years. My mum did the same job many years ago when it was deemed an important job and the salary was good, what's happened since then?

I'm also fed up of the remain campaigns constant arrogant sneering attitude towards people who aren't big earners, an example was a thread deleted last night.

Interestingly I just read this which kind of fits with what I believe.

TUAEU believes that the time is right to offer the peoples of Britain an alternative view of Europe outside of the EU.

The working peoples of Europe are clearly not happy with the direction the EU is taking. The failure of the mainstream parties to represent this feeling has led to a political vacuum.

We want to see a Europe of democratic states that value public services and does not offer them to profiteers; a Europe that guarantees the rights of workers and does not put the interests of big business above that of ordinary people. We believe this is not possible within the EU.

http://www.tuaeu.co.uk/about-us/

Brexit is so unsupported by business, economists and other interest groups that now Nissan is going to take legal action and Toyota is considering legal action against the Leave campaign that, completely without their permission, used the logos on their leaflet claiming support from two of the biggest private employers in the country.
Oh boy, I just read about that one.

Libel and trademark infringement all rolled into one? Ouch.

I see from articles that they've issued in the High Court, rather than in the IPEC...big guns and big numbers straight off the bat, uncapped costs and damages. Talk about aggressive. Double ouch.

What were Vote Leave' handlers and legal eagles thinking? (were they thinking?)

If that's the standard of due diligence to expect from the post-Brexit negotiating team...

...then it's exactly according to my expectations so far :hihi:

Edited by L00b

Well David beckham, that multi millionaire that lives with his multi millionaire wife in America most of the time, has come out on the side of remain. Never has to queue for a house or doctors appt, his kids are set for life and will buy themselves into any job they want, are,nt they currently pushing one as a photographer and one as a singer.

So that's it they have so much in common with me and my family so I am changing my vote to remain:hihi:

Okay, I work part time and earn just over 7k p.a. I've always thought the EU was all about big business and for them, keeping us in the EU provides an abundance of labour which in turn keeps wages low, isn't it in the interest of big business for us to stay in, obviously. My D.I.L is also on minimum wage she is a carer and has been working in the same job for over 10 years. My mum did the same job many years ago when it was deemed an important job and the salary was good, what's happened since then?

I'm also fed up of the remain campaigns constant arrogant sneering attitude towards people who aren't big earners, an example was a thread deleted last night.

Interestingly I just read this which kind of fits with what I believe.

http://www.tuaeu.co.uk/about-us/

Dear crazybaby, what has the EU done for workers.

It is an illusion of some of the unions to believe that being outside of the EU is going to protect the rights of workers better. The simple fact is that you live in a country with a binary political system. Either Labour is in power, chances are workers rights get improved, or Conservative is, chances are workers rights get diminished.

The simple fact is this - the UK is, by far, the most market-oriented large economy in the EU. It is the UK who was firmly in front in the EU at the time (just after the Cold War ended) in discussing opportunities for a free trade agreement with the US (what is now known as TTIP). It is the US who are stopping free distribution of the consultation papers on this topic, they made very clear that they do not want open consultation or the deal is of. The EU accepts that (despite leaking parts of it in 2014, intentionally or unintentionally) but an ever increasing number of MEPs are becoming very twitchy about this subject and chances that the Council can force this through are diminishing by the month.

Leaving the EU paves the way for the Brits to simply copy TTIP and sign it off as individuals with the US. Unchecked, unchallenged and quite possibly with the US setting the agenda.

With that as the background, can you tell me again, why do you think leaving the EU is going to improve your situation?

This isn't about class-warfare by the way, this is being honest about some of the prospects the UK faces outside of the EU. It is people like you who will be hit hardest by claims of 'we will simply sign free trade agreements with other countries'. Think about all factors involved before rashly coming to a decision to leave.

Well David beckham, that multi millionaire that lives with his multi millionaire wife in America most of the time, has come out on the side of remain. Never has to queue for a house or doctors appt, his kids are set for life and will buy themselves into any job they want, are,nt they currently pushing one as a photographer and one as a singer.

So that's it they have so much in common with me and my family so I am changing my vote to remain:hihi:

Like Samantha Cameron's article in the Daily Mail a few weeks ago where she tells us she's voting Remain to protect her children's future. If there were any kids in Britain with a protected future it's her two, no matter what happens her children's future is secure. Stupid woman.

That's a bogus statistic if ever I heard one. So people are accepting free food, Doesn't mean they're poorer than before, just that others are more generous.

Less free money for people that other earned. But more of their own money to keep. A much better arrangement by any standard.

Gone up in real terms every single year.

Rubbish.

People can't just accept free food from food banks, they have to meet a specific criteria and be referred by agencies such as social services and GPs. People who find themselves short of bread at the end of the week can't just go and get free food, you have to be poverty stricken with your back against the wall to qualify.

What were Vote Leave' handlers and legal eagles thinking? (were they thinking?)

They weren't thinking beyond their own ambitions to take the pluche, that much is clear. I heard rumblings in the Netherlands where a Dutch labour-party member of parliament is considering putting in a motion to claim all the rebate back off the UK in case of Brexit, she is completely angered by the stupidly repeated 350 million a week claims. This idea is gaining traction - it is the Dutch, Germans and some other EU nations who paid the bill for the rebate, on the understanding that the UK would remain a member of the EU.

The Dutch fear that Brexit will lead to economic damage to their economy (the referendum alone already is doing to a degree) and feel the UK Brexit camp is solely responsible for that. I don't think it will come that far, but it is yet another example of how the UK is upsetting its future prospects of negotiating a beneficial exit. The Dutch will not simply roll over and say: Of course you can stay in the single market!

(Cue: Who cares about the Dutch!)

(Answer: All those companies that get their goods through the deep sea harbour of Rotterdam).

Tzij, will openly admit I know not a lot about the matter but are you saying the Dutch would punish us by refusing to let us use Rotterdam hence making us use another port in another country, such a port may welcome that trade.

---------- Post added 21-06-2016 at 09:30 ----------

Also the rebate they want back, is that for this year or all preceding years

The leaflet doesn't say they support Brexit, it says they will continue to trade in the UK if we vote to leave the EU, claims that were made by each of the companies representatives and widely reported in the press and on the news, including the BBC.

Yes, and continuing to trade in the UK is the same as continuing to manufacture in the UK?

Oh wait...

That is step one of the withdrawal process. As for the claim - you really think that they put those logos on, not expecting people to think: Oh hey, if those companies are for leave than it will be alright? It is about expectations, not the fine print.