EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

In this case the question was about what the Treasury spokesman said. It was correct.

Whilst there is a risk of staying it, its a known risk. It may in the long term be a good move to leave, but it incorporates uncertainty, which markets dont like.

There are risks of staying in that can be factored in but as the immigrant mess and the pigs slow burn economic collapse showed its hard to factor in exactly when the EU will finally collapse.

There are risks of staying in that can be factored in but as the immigrant mess and the pigs slow burn economic collapse showed its hard to factor in exactly when the EU will finally collapse.

Im not arguing about the risks or benefits of staying in or out just commenting on the point the poster made about the comment by the treasury spokesman. Its not controversial at all. Leaving will create uncertainty, the markets will factor that in and for a period borrowing will become more expensive. That's just how markets respond.

Why are you referring to them as pigs?

Im not arguing about the risks or benefits of staying in or out just commenting on the point the poster made about the comment by the treasury spokesman. Its not controversial at all. Leaving will create uncertainty, the markets will factor that in and for a period borrowing will become more expensive. That's just how markets respond.

Why are you referring to them as pigs?

PIGS> Portugal Ireland Greece Spain. The lame ducks of Europe.

My take on it is that Corbyn wants to open the floodgates to migrants. Not that he will win the election but he won't get a chance to put that to the country until after the referendum. If by 2020 we are not in the EU that danger is past. I'm voting out. I want secure borders. In 2020 I will be voting for whoever offers the biggest chance of keeping Corby out. I want a secure economy and secure defences.

PIGS> Portugal Ireland Greece Spain. The lame ducks of Europe.

My take on it is that Corbyn wants to open the floodgates to migrants. Not that he will win the election but he won't get a chance to put that to the country until after the referendum. If by 2020 we are not in the EU that danger is past. I'm voting out. I want secure borders. In 2020 I will be voting for whoever offers the biggest chance of keeping Corby out. I want a secure economy and secure defences.

Thanks. I see that at least 3 of those are in recovery. There are 28 countries so some of them are going to be at the bottom of the pile.

Corbyns an irrelevance. He has no chance. he has made defence an issue where it wasnt before.

I think you will find there is also risk in remaining shackled to basket case economies and bound by rules dreampt up by eurocrats with the prinary aim of expanding their powers rather than effective regulation.

I don't agree that we are shackled, certainly not like Eurozone countries anyway.

I do share your sentiment that the EU has grown too far far beyond what we really need in the UK.

I will be voting to leave the eu.The in campaign have not given a good reason for staying in for me.Saying it would effect exports and big business is not a good reason for staying in for me.I would prefer to see the growth of small homegrown businesses than big business.I have worked for both and I preferred working for a small company hands down compared to the big business I work for now.I also dislike the fact that somebody in a country halfway across the world is telling me how hard I need to work to support the workers in the owners countries collapsing economy.If we were to stay in I would want the same set up that Norway and Switzerland have.I think the EU needs us more than we need them.

I will be voting to leave the eu.The in campaign have not given a good reason for staying in for me.Saying it would effect exports and big business is not a good reason for staying in for me.I would prefer to see the growth of small homegrown businesses than big business.I have worked for both and I preferred working for a small company hands down compared to the big business I work for now.I also dislike the fact that somebody in a country halfway across the world is telling me how hard I need to work to support the workers in the owners countries collapsing economy.If we were to stay in I would want the same set up that Norway and Switzerland have.I think the EU needs us more than we need them.

Norway has an awful lot of in demand natural resources (oil!) and the Swiss have their banking (and arguably a large pharma industry too). Neither have large populations. We can't say we could be like them without being at the mercy of the banks.

That said merkel has elections coming up in March and she could be out on her ear by the summer. If she's still in charge I'm voting out - if she's out we can negotiate a better deal imho.

Norway has an awful lot of in demand natural resources (oil!) and the Swiss have their banking (and arguably a large pharma industry too). Neither have large populations. We can't say we could be like them without being at the mercy of the banks.

That said merkel has elections coming up in March and she could be out on her ear by the summer. If she's still in charge I'm voting out - if she's out we can negotiate a better deal imho.

I agree that Merkel will probably be ousted in March and good riddance I hope.I have to wonder how Norway and Switzerland have managed to control their populations but ours has just gone through the roof.I do not know if we are one of the most populated countries in terms of land mass but we must be one of the contenders.I found it interesting that all the jobs that the government has boasted about creating in the last five years are all mainly low pay and probably mostly taken up by migrant EU workers anyway.