EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

There is a key issue with this argument. We implement the laws as imposed by Brussels. Other counties simply ignore them or legislate and then don't enforce.

Remain blame us for following the rules. I would counter than when you are in a club where most of the other members ignore the rules the solution is not to become a cheat like them but to leave the club as unsuitable.

Or maybe you would try and redirect the efforts of the club committee to make it a better club.

What you are describing is like a kid throwing a sulk when he loses a game and taking his bat and ball home.

---------- Post added 22-06-2016 at 00:00 ----------

That's been my thinking too.

The EU could just as easily drag us into danger, rather than keep us out of it.

We have not been hearing of late about the parlous state of some of the countries in the EU; the riots, the suicides, the public unrest, and the inability of the politicians to do anything about it. This leaves them open to far right movements and politicians, (remember Hitler came to power in circumstances such as this.) There is a distinct possibility that that these countries will disintegrate, and drag others down with them.

Do we really want to be involved in that?

No we dont. But vote leave and you are going to get your UK-based right wing populists (make no mistake that is all they have become). You will have your right wing nightmare maybe before June and July are through.

There is no evidence there will be a disintegration in Europe if we stay. There is plenty of evidence it could be triggered if we leave.

What you seem to be saying is let's walk away and leave them to it. I respect your decision but we have never left Europe to fall apart. We have never walked away even in the worst of times.

Deffo Voting OUT . UK seems to have gone so downhill with Jobs , Nhs , and more since being in

Funny isn't it really. To think how information has been analysed by respective people.

Im deffo voting IN because I think its better for jobs and the country to stay on top.

or alternatively, vote honestly on what your instinct says, rather than this nonsense debate from either side of the campaigners.

I've taken no need of the campaigns. Like most people I feel insulted by both camps.

My decision is to remain but I am open to another referendum on this if it becomes clear we made the wrong choice.

That's been my thinking too.

The EU could just as easily drag us into danger, rather than keep us out of it.

We have not been hearing of late about the parlous state of some of the countries in the EU; the riots, the suicides, the public unrest, and the inability of the politicians to do anything about it. This leaves them open to far right movements and politicians, (remember Hitler came to power in circumstances such as this.) There is a distinct possibility that that these countries will disintegrate, and drag others down with them.

Do we really want to be involved in that?

If that ever hapened, then we could decide to leave the EU. But it hasn't happened, so no need to rush and leave now, just in case it might possibly happen sometime in the future.

although I tend to think that Gove makes everything better

:shocked:

You're gonna have to break this down for me dude :hihi:

HOW does Pob make everything better?

There's an election in 2020 at the latest. It will take most of that time to transition out of EU membership. In 2020, you can vote for a government which shares your values, to take full control of UK law.

I already have and we already are

Vote REMAIN :banana:

:D

Or maybe you would try and redirect the efforts of the club committee to make it a better club.

What you are describing is like a kid throwing a sulk when he loses a game and taking his bat and ball home.

---------- Post added 22-06-2016 at 00:00 ----------

No we dont. But vote leave and you are going to get your UK-based right wing populists (make no mistake that is all they have become). You will have your right wing nightmare maybe before June and July are through.

There is no evidence there will be a disintegration in Europe if we stay. There is plenty of evidence it could be triggered if we leave.

What you seem to be saying is let's walk away and leave them to it. I respect your decision but we have never left Europe to fall apart. We have never walked away even in the worst of times.

We've tried for 40 years to make it better. It just gets worse. Enough is enough. Get out now.

I've taken no need of the campaigns. Like most people I feel insulted by both camps.

My decision is to remain but I am open to another referendum on this if it becomes clear we made the wrong choice.

And why not, the Swiss seem to have a referendum every other month. This has changed our country though and not for the good. Hardly any of our polticians come out of this with a shred a decency - we need a general election within the year regardless of the result. It's all lies, shouting and confident predictions based on more lies and more shouting.

A close result may make Europe look at itself a bit closer and that can't be a bad thing. Be glad when it's finished though.

And why not, the Swiss seem to have a referendum every other month. This has changed our country though and not for the good. Hardly any of our polticians come out of this with a shred a decency - we need a general election within the year regardless of the result. It's all lies, shouting and confident predictions based on more lies and more shouting.

A close result may make Europe look at itself a bit closer and that can't be a bad thing. Be glad when it's finished though.

Bizarrely

I find myself agreeing with you :hihi:

If that ever hapened, then we could decide to leave the EU. But it hasn't happened, so no need to rush and leave now, just in case it might possibly happen sometime in the future.

Indeed. That is exactly how I feel.

If we remain then we are not burning our bridges...yet.

Yes at some point it might be that we have to leave but now just isn't the right time. Our politics is in really poor shape. Our leaders are poor quality. The campaigns demonstrate this and have not been the informative rational vehicles they should have been for leading the country to the best decision. Both campaigns have been shamelessly dishonest preying on fear and hate. The whole premise for calling the referendum was after all based on internal politics within the Tory party. The timing was badly off.

We need more rational, respectful politics and some able leaders. Then we should have another try at this at the right time.

I have to agree. In fact I think it goes beyond simply the politicians.

I think the whole country need to take a long hard look at themselves. This entire referendum has been shameful and brought out to most bile filled hate in people on both sides of the fence.

The most appauling lies, propaganda, clickbait, racist posters, blatently made up websites, doctored evidence, physical and verbal absue towards people who have a differing opinion, political point scoring, goading and baiting people and a huge wad of money being thrown away by BOTH sides.

It really has shown up society's true prejudices and I personally cannot wait for it to be over.

(it wont happen....) Whatever the result society has spoken and that should be the end of it. There is no argument. Its a straight two option vote. Red or Black. Heads or Tails.

No crybaby demands for appeals or recounts. No stroppy speeches about bais or minipulation.

Result declared and that's it.

Edited by ECCOnoob