EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

By no means I'm an expert in politics, however they seems to be a belief that they'll be an end to immigration if we vote out.

Do people think it's going to solve the immigration issue that people have? This isn't a statement, this is a question from me.

Lots of people in this country, more than you might think, are shareholders of various companies that are based in Britain; not all major shareholders but they own a modest amount shares. Its not something many people will talk about openly because it is of course their private business, but Britain to a large degree is a shareholder society.

The companies they have shares in will be companies that exploit, sorry, use, the steady flow of short staying migrant labour, so its in their interest to keep his status quo.

This is the main thing behind the remain campaign, and whatever happens, even if remain end up winning, its been fun watching these people fretting for the past couple of months.

Edited by Guest

Lots of people in this country, more than you might think, are shareholders of various companies that are based in Britain; not all major shareholders but they own a modest amount shares. Its not something many people will talk about openly because it is of course their private business.

The companies they have shares in will be companies that exploit, sorry, use, the steady flow of short staying migrant labour, so its in their interest to keep his status quo.

This is the main thing behind the remain campaign, and whatever happens, even if remain end up winning, its been fun watching these people fretting for the past couple of months.

What a load of nonsense. I find the conspiracy theories floating around amongst Brexit voters hysterical to be honest. What about the Facebook post doing the rounds telling people to 'bring a pen!' because pencils can be erased... Jesus wept.

The most telling moment in the recent TV debate was when the Leave side were asked what their immigration target would be and how they might go about implementing it. Cue for much umming and ahhing. The truth is that migration within Europe (the geographical region, including the British Isles) is going to be determined at a Europe-wide level, whether we're in the EU or not.

I don't think has ever said they are against migration, in fact they have gone to great pains to say how necessary it is. All they are asking for is some control over it. They want the people we need to come here. They can't say how many that will be at this stage, and no doubt it will change all the time anyway.

They're not against immigration, they're against open borders, that's all, and in these difficult times, so should we be. Would you keep your front door open and allow anyone to wander in off the street? Or would you greet them on the door step and exercise judgement as to whether you let them into your home?

I don't think has ever said they are against migration, in fact they have gone to great pains to say how necessary it is. All they are asking for is some control over it. They want the people we need to come here. They can't say how many that will be at this stage, and no doubt it will change all the time anyway.

They're not against immigration, they're against open borders, that's all, and in these difficult times, so should we be. Would you keep your front door open and allow anyone to wander in off the street? Or would you greet them on the door step and exercise judgement as to whether you let them into your home?

One thing I can't get my head around is that the Leave campaign is managing to convince people like you, whilst equally appealing to the anti-migration mob.

Can you explain this poster? I genuinely don't understand how you can reconcile voting with people who are clearly swayed by propaganda like this.

One man baiting his opponents is not a conspiracy. Buy a dictionary.

Paranoid much.

---------- Post added 22-06-2016 at 11:42 ----------

Sadly you have it the wrong way round... voting to stay will fuel support for the far right.

The vast majority of people in this country want an end to mass immigration and unless it is reduced, by becoming a selective process (not permitted by the EU for EU citizens), then concerns will not only remain but grow and fester as the associated problems of mass immigration grow and worsen. Denying what the majority want just because a minority of racists also want it is not a good strategy. Implementing policies that both the majority and the racist minority want will not drive people into the arms of the racist groups but give them no reason to go anywhere need them. We need to vote out so we can better control immigration and stop anger with it from growing.

It's strange that all the far right parties across Europe want UK to leave then isn't it?

Maybe it's reverse psychology.

Paranoid much.

---------- Post added 22-06-2016 at 11:42 ----------

It's strange that all the far right parties across Europe want UK to leave then isn't it?

Far right, far left, to the right, to the left, all this is, is imbalance... can't we have someone/thing centred and balanced!

It's perfectly simple and has been explained multiple times.

Step 1. People worry about excessive immigration.

Step 2. Mainstream political parties ignore these worries

Step 3. People look for more radical parties to address the problem.

Ergo, ignoring peoples' concerns about immigration strengthens the more radical and often rather distasteful parties.

If we vote to remain, or vote to leave and fail to address the immigration issue sensibly, the more radical political parties will only get stronger.

It's perfectly simple and has been explained multiple times.

Step 1. People worry about excessive immigration.

Step 2. Mainstream political parties ignore these worries

Step 3. People look for more radical parties to address the problem.

Ergo, ignoring peoples' concerns about immigration strengthens the more radical and often rather distasteful parties.

If we vote to remain, or vote to leave and fail to address the immigration issue sensibly, the more radical political parties will only get stronger.

Address the anomaly for once.

If remaining benefits fascism why do all far right groups , leaders and political parties want the UK to leave?

It's s straight question.

One thing I can't get my head around is that the Leave campaign is managing to convince people like you, whilst equally appealing to the anti-migration mob.

Can you explain this poster? I genuinely don't understand how you can reconcile voting with people who are clearly swayed by propaganda like this.

Strangely the same can be found in a dutch newspaper,

http://batavirus.nl/tag/nexit/

Along with an EU plan to bring 60 million immigrants into the EU.

"13. Recalls that are needed by 2050, according to the Commission forecasts an estimated 60 million migrant workers, which entails the need to allow channels for legal migration;

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/getDoc.do?pubRef=-%2F%2FEP%2F%2FTEXT%20REPORT%20A6-2009-0251%200%20DOC%20XML%20V0%2F%2FNL