EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Do you mean the european commission? Its strictly true its unelected, but a bit misleading to tell people that its therefore totally undemocratic. The members are chosen by the governments of the individual states - governments which were elected. So presumably you can influence who is on the commission by voting for a different government.

Or do you mean some other council?

The commissioners are not representatives of their respective governments. Indeed they have to swear an oath to that effect when they take up their highly paid posts. Their loyalty is only to the EU.

The commissioners are not representatives of their respective governments. Indeed they have to swear an oath to that effect when they take up their highly paid posts. Their loyalty is only to the EU.

Is that like our mps taking an oath of allegiance to the Queen? Do they have to take one to their constituents?

It sounds somewhat implausible to me the UK government will choose someone who will act against their interests. Do you have a specific example where the UK government has not been happy that its representative lobbied or voted against what they wanted?

Are the photo's fakes?

He knows they are not he also knows the links in the article aren't either.

This from one of the links,

"What stands out more is the way they want to impose mass immigration to the European people. That is, inter alia under the heading 'Integration. "

also 'illegal migration' replaced with 'irregular immigration. " It is Orwellian scenes. Read and weep:"

It sounds somewhat implausible to me the UK government will choose someone who will act against their interests. Do you have a specific example where the UK government has not been happy that its representative lobbied or voted against what they wanted?

Then you don't understand how the commision works. They are not there to represent national interests. They are their to run the portfolio Juncker assigns them on behalf of the EU. Your comment makes as much sense as saying when has the FA been unhappy that a referee we sent to a tournament did not make decisions that helped England.

Which part do you think you understand better than me?

i probability don't it was just your throw away comment, i don't know is attendance record, do you?

I do know that MEPs do not initiate policy. I don't think it was our MEPs that encouraged our fishing industry to decommission, burn, boat for cash

Edited by phil752

i probability don't it was just your throw away comment, i don't know is attendance record, do you?

I do know that MEPs do not initiate policy. I don't think it was our MEPs that encouraged our fishing industry to decommission, burn, boat for cash

I do know his attendance, yes. Bob Geldoff was shouting it at him and saying he is no friend of fisherman otherwise he'd at least attend meetings where fishing is discussed. Geldoff didn't make the number up.

Is that like our mps taking an oath of allegiance to the Queen? Do they have to take one to their constituents?

That is purely ceremonial and the Queen certainly doesn't initiate any policy for parliament to ratify.