EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Would you not consider him an expert on the EU?
I would, but am myself failing to understand on what basis can he claim that the EU will not engage in any kind of negotiating, agreement drafting and/or any sort other constitutional evolution, when (i) he is not empowered to achieve that, the EU Parliament is, and (ii) if there's one thing the last 60-odd years of 'EU' history show, it's that the EU, as a legal construct formed of successive treaties over time, evolves constantly.

His latest bit is noise with a political purpose (the post is political after all), nothing more. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he's done that to give Cameron a black eye (they don't exactly see eye to eye) and if he doesn't secretly wishes for the UK to leave. Less constitutional hassle and potentially more political power to him if it does.

Edited by L00b

you really think there is a conspiracy

Of course there is.

- don't mark your ballot paper with the pencil they give you in the booth (it can be rubbed out)

- the BBC is biased as it is funded by the EU (I did like when I read that one on the day I paid my licence fee)

- there will be a whistle blower who will confirm that it is all a fix

- everyone who states the we will be worse of will be wrong/got it wrong before/lunatic/don't know what they are talking about (delete the 90%+ of economists as appropriate)

- everyone who says that all the days will be sunny and we can run through the meadows singing Rule Britannia are correct.

So for all those who think there is a conspiracy going on ..... did you know that in the second world war George Allison used to commentate on football matches on BBC radio to games that were not actually being played. The reason being to fool the Germans into thinking the weather was actually better than it was. We fooled them once, let's do it again......

I would, but am myself failing to understand on what basis can he claim that the EU will not engage in any kind of negotiating, agreement drafting and/or any sort other constitutional evolution, when (i) he is not empowered to achieve that, the EU Parliament is, and (ii) if there's one thing the last 60-odd years of 'EU' history show, it's that the EU, as a legal construct formed of successive treaties over time, evolves constantly.

Perhaps because as el Presidente he knows the parliamemt does as its told and that the commision calls the shots and always gets its way. Rather foolish of him to give the game away so explicitly at the 11th hour but about the one useful thing he's done in his corrupt tax dodging drunken excuse for a life.

You want me to provide a link to the fact that everyone appart from you knows that the 'deal' has to be approved by the EU parliament? And that it does not make one jot of difference to us being overruled by QMV? Seriously? Do you want a link to water being wet while we are at it?

I think it will be ratified but in all honesty it's much of a muchness. If we remain and they renege I honestly will laugh my ass off.

Apart from the further integration bit*

Perhaps because as el Presidente he knows the parliamemt does as its told and that the commision calls the shots and always gets its way. Rather foolish of him to give the game away so explicitly at the 11th hour but about the one useful thing he's done in his corrupt tax dodging drunken excuse for a life.
Does it now. I'd love to see you substantiate that tall claim with some evidence. If you can. :)

His latest bit is noise with a political purpose (the post is political after all), nothing more. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he's done that to give Cameron a black eye (they don't exactly see eye to eye) and if he doesn't secretly wishes for the UK to leave. Less constitutional hassle and potentially more political power to him if it does.

Surely that history also tells us that the EU continuously integrates and the UK tends to get dragged along.

You want me to provide a link to the fact that everyone appart from you knows that the 'deal' has to be approved by the EU parliament? And that it does not make one jot of difference to us being overruled by QMV? Seriously? Do you want a link to water being wet while we are at it?

It should be easy to post the links.

Otherwise it just looks like you are expressing a misguided opinion. I respect your opinion but that is all it is, not fact

Well, he was President of his own country. Have you been?

Does it now. I'd love to see you substantiate that tall claim with some evidence. If you can. :)

Ask your pal Juncker. He knows where the power lies. The commision always gets its way. Takes a while sometimes but thats how the autocracy works.

Don't insult our intelligence by pretending otherwise.

Surely that history also tells us that the EU continuously integrates and the UK tends to get dragged along.
The rebate, opt-outs, non-€ adoption and non-Schengen signing clearly suggest to the contrary, insofar as the UK is concerned.

Ask your pal Juncker. He knows where the power lies. The commision always gets its way. Takes a while sometimes but thats how the autocracy works.

Don't insult our intelligence by pretending otherwise.

I've just asked you to substantiate a claim, nothing more. Here's a tiny bit of my counter-evidence, to help you along. Edited by L00b
changed link to same commision propoosal rejection