EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Hmmm Short sighted to say the least..

Boris? IDS? Gove, Grayling?

I'd rather be led by Nick Clegg and I hate him with a passion!!!!!

Remain and you will get Osborne. If that floats your boat then crack on and vote for Juncker.

On the topic of Greece, I only just found this. But... euhmmm... it puts a lot of the nonsense about the EU not being able to reform, or Greece being a victim of the EU to sleep:

https://yanisvaroufakis.eu/2016/02/28/is-greece-not-another-compelling-reason-to-vote-for-brexit-on-23rd-june/

Not sure I understood it all ('exogenous given'?) but a powerful piece of writing nontheless.

I gather Greece is pleading with the UK for help, by staying in the EU and taking it by the scruff of its neck and shaking it until it finally yields to true democratic reform to make it the brilliant institution it could be. Is that right?

I think the EU's treatment of Greece has been appalling and not helped it recover one bit. Germany seems to have a sadistic tendency to almost enjoy punishing Greece for its impoverishment. No doubt Greece has made big mistakes (haven't we all?) but the whole idea of the EU is supposed to be to help each other out when in need. And there's more than just Greece in a similar position. So yes, the UK should step in and try to help.

This however will require wholesale change which the EU institution is resisting with all its might. It also seems to resent Britain for trying. So, in or out, we have a battle on our hands. But it won't be the first time will it. Funny, (not really) but once again we seem to be up against the Germans, and be fighting for democracy. Strange, the way the world turns. I do so hope it stays a war of words... Can somebody tell me who put Germany in charge?

I suppose we could just walk away, but we won't will we.. ?

Not sure I understood it all ('exogenous given'?) but a powerful piece of writing nontheless.

I gather Greece is pleading with the UK for help, by staying in the EU and taking it by the scruff of its neck and shaking it until it finally yields to true democratic reform to make it the brilliant institution it could be. Is that right?

I think the EU's treatment of Greece has been appalling and not helped it recover one bit. Germany seems to have a sadistic tendency to almost enjoy punishing Greece for its impoverishment. No doubt Greece has made big mistakes (haven't we all?) but the whole idea of the EU is supposed to be to help each other out when in need. And there's more than just Greece in a similar position. So yes, the UK should step in and try to help.

This however will require wholesale change which the EU institution is resisting with all its might. It also seems to resent Britain for trying. So, in or out, we have a battle on our hands. But it won't be the first time will it. Funny, (not really) but once again we seem to be up against the Germans, and be fighting for democracy. Strange, the way the world turns. I do so hope it stays a war of words... Can somebody tell me who put Germany in charge?

I suppose we could just walk away, but we won't will we.. ?

Have faith the EU can change. It will have took notice of the millions of dissenters from this vote.

Have faith the EU can change. It will have took notice of the millions of dissenters from this vote.

The EU can change alright. With TTIP and and Junckers desire for an EU Army to fight Russia it will only change for the worse though.

Isn't that an outdated and selfish attitude?

With dark times ahead

Britain needs all the friends it can get :nod:

If your friends are trying to jump off a cliff, you do your best to talk them out of it. Maybe even try and restrain them.

If they jump anyway, you don't jump with them.

You think Juncker is Jesus????

Juncker only has the power elected politicians give him. The Brexit side has done nothing but tell lie after lie - the amount we pay in, Turkey's about to join, we can decide our own destiny, dictated by unelected Brussels bureaucrats, etc, etc.

I'll be off to vote in a minute and then off to work. If the country votes out we'll have ten years of economic collapse.

Interesting take, but how applicable is that to the UK? Our far right party, the BNP, has seen a dramatic decline in the UK. UKIP are more like Old Tories rather than proper far right.

When Europe voted for far right MEPs the BNP MEP vote actually went down in the UK.

The difference is simply that we have UKIP offering a non-racist solution to the problems of mass immigration and their rise brought about the demise of the BNP. Something the Left could never do by shouting 'racist' at people with immigration concerns.

And here we are today. With a vote on whether to leave the EU hanging in the balance and the biggest driver (rightly or wrongly) for people wanting out is the lack of immigration control. Even if the vote goes to Remain the concerns are not going to go away and are only going to grow stronger. The march towards the right (UKIP in this country) will continue until the ruling elite do the people's bidding or lose their grip on power. And in other parts of Europe the threat to the ruling elite is a lot more scary than UKIP.

Shoving left-wing and liberal ideas down the throat of an un-supportive general public is not making them more left-wing and liberal... it has the opposite effect. Only a return to the centre ground were most people want to stand is going to stop the polarisation of politics that is currently happening.