EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Are you arguing this because the parliament and/or council are also involved in the process, because EU laws emanate in principle from the treaties, or because it is up to individual national parliaments to transpose EU directives into national law?

How does all this tally with the fact the the PM's deal, which you seem to think has significantly changed the UK's long-term relationship with the EU, is a deal with the commission.

I'm responding to the point another poster made about unelected EU commissioners forcing laws on us, and simply pointing out that is not how it works.

The PM's deal is what it says. An opt-out on ever closer integration. The laws that would bind us closer have to be implemented by the UK parliament. If they bind us closer we reject them and then dont implement them. Nobody can force us to implement laws we don't want to any more. It doesn't matter whether those laws are initiated by the commission, the output from a treaty or whatever because if they integrate us further we simply reject them at a local level.

That is incredibly powerful if you think it through. Of course it will create friction and flashpoints, and possibly to a bullying stance from the rest of the EU. If the opt-out doesn't work as expected then it's referendum time again IMO

I've just been to vote, and was told I am not registered. I remember voting in the last general election very clearly, because it was my first ever vote. I haven't changed address either.

Does anybody know what might have happened? I'm furious! :rant:

I can't guess really. It does seem strange if you only voted in the last election. I take it you did not receive a voting card in the post?

I think the only people who can answer that question is the local electoral commission, based at the town hall.

Did you ask at the polling station what you should do?

He's arguing it because its all he ever does. Argue the toss about the bloody obvious then move onto the next tedious point when he's proven 100% wrong. I'm surprised he didn't ask you for his trademark 'link' to prove that there was such a thing as a 'European Commision'.

Don't waste your time.

I love you too :love: :love: :love:

There will have been a letter regarding voter registration sent to your house, which you should have filled in and returned or completed on-line. Do you recall doing this?

No, nobody in our house ever got any registration forms. We didn't even get any polling cards, and neither did any of our neighbours. We went to the station we went to for the 2015 general election, and lo and behold, everybody else in my household was on the list except for me.

They rang up the office and they said I wasn't registered there. I just looked at my 2015 Facebook posts, and I definitely voted last year, at that very station... :mad:

No, nobody in our house ever got any registration forms. We didn't even get any polling cards, and neither did any of our neighbours. We went to the station we went to for the 2015 general election, and lo and behold, everybody else in my household was on the list except for me.

They rang up the office and they said I wasn't registered there. I just looked at my 2015 Facebook posts, and I definitely voted last year, at that very station... :mad:

Not changed your name in the last couple of years have you?

There will have been a letter regarding voter registration sent to your house, which you should have filled in and returned or completed on-line. Do you recall doing this?

Is it the same polling location as the GE? I'm pretty sure you have to go to a specific one.

---------- Post added 23-06-2016 at 17:43 ----------

What utter rubbish. Here it is again. You haven't even bothered to edit it before denying that you wrote it (not that you would have got away with that)

I'm saying the leave camp have stirred up resentment and anger in the blue collar voter with it's lies, preying on the blue collar voters insecurities. You can re-post as much as you like.

According to bookies a remain vote now looking pretty certain.

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/eu-referendum/referendum-on-eu-membership-result

Brexit now lengthing out towards 5/1. It was 2/1 the other day.

I was reading up on this. More people are betting on leave, but the remain bets which are coming in are larger. Adds up to move people on leave, but a lot more money on remain. Make of that what you will.

---------- Post added 23-06-2016 at 18:01 ----------

I'm saying the leave camp have stirred up resentment and anger in the blue collar voter with it's lies, preying on the blue collar voters insecurities.

I suppose you were saying that as well as insulting people who make less money by suggesting that they're gullible and can't think for themselves on top of referring to them as "lower working class".

You can re-post as much as you like.

Okay.

Blue collar votes.

At every turn the leave campaign is founded on lies and untruths. It doesnt surprise me that the lower working class are taken in by the rhetoric of anti-immigration, more money for the NHS and all the other lies Johnson and co peddle.

Edited by unbeliever

Registration isnt done by household any more. Have you checked with your housemates whether they have individually registered? That could explain what has happened.