EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

No, nobody in our house ever got any registration forms. We didn't even get any polling cards, and neither did any of our neighbours. We went to the station we went to for the 2015 general election, and lo and behold, everybody else in my household was on the list except for me.

There were elections last month. If you didn't get a vote in May then that should have sent you a warning. Either the council made a mistake when your registration form was returned or someone took your name off this year. Either way you should have noticed at the May elections.

No you've just made up those words and attributed them to me.

?

Once again. All there in black and white. Your denial is futile and extremely silly.

Blue collar votes.

At every turn the leave campaign is founded on lies and untruths. It doesnt surprise me that the lower working class are taken in by the rhetoric of anti-immigration, more money for the NHS and all the other lies Johnson and co peddle.

Not changed your name in the last couple of years have you?

Nope. I have a double-barrelled last name and I don't usually use my middle name or the last part of my last name. But they checked for both my short name and my full name.

The only thing I can think of is that I don't technically live at the address I'm registered at. It's my parent's address in Derbyshire, but I registered myself there last year and I was able to vote, even though I lived in Sheffield then too. Also, my bank, car, driving license, passport, etc are registered there so there's not really any way that anybody can know that I don't actually live there :confused:

According to bookies a remain vote now looking pretty certain.

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/eu-referendum/referendum-on-eu-membership-result

Brexit now lengthing out towards 5/1. It was 2/1 the other day.

5/1 winners frequently come in.... get your money on it!

Newcastle races have today returned winners at odds of 5/1, 10/1, 16/1 & 8/1.

Jeremy Corbyn was a rank outsider & confounded so called experts.

There were elections last month. If you didn't get a vote in May then that should have sent you a warning. Either the council made a mistake when your registration form was returned or someone took your name off this year. Either way you should have noticed at the May elections.

I wasn't in the country to vote for those elections, so didn't really think about whether I got a polling card or not.

Nope. I have a double-barrelled last name and I don't usually use my middle name or the last part of my last name. But they checked for both my short name and my full name.

The only thing I can think of is that I don't technically live at the address I'm registered at. It's my parent's address in Derbyshire, but I registered myself there last year and I was able to vote, even though I lived in Sheffield then too. Also, my bank, car, driving license, passport, etc are registered there so there's not really any way that anybody can know that I don't actually live there :confused:

I don't know then. You have my sympathies. Not that that'll help.

I suppose you could check if you've somehow become registered at your own address.

I was reading up on this. More people are betting on leave, but the remain bets which are coming in are larger. Adds up to move people on leave, but a lot more money on remain. Make of that what you will.

Other interesting angle today is some polling stations are reporting 80%+ turnout.

Exceptionally high turnout. Voted a little earlier at Hutcliffe Wood Road and it was busy.

I'm responding to the point another poster made about unelected EU commissioners forcing laws on us, and simply pointing out that is not how it works.

The PM's deal is what it says. An opt-out on ever closer integration. The laws that would bind us closer have to be implemented by the UK parliament. If they bind us closer we reject them and then dont implement them. Nobody can force us to implement laws we don't want to any more. It doesn't matter whether those laws are initiated by the commission, the output from a treaty or whatever because if they integrate us further we simply reject them at a local level.

That is incredibly powerful if you think it through. Of course it will create friction and flashpoints, and possibly to a bullying stance from the rest of the EU. If the opt-out doesn't work as expected then it's referendum time again IMO

Read the damn document. Section C promises to write into further treaties that the UK is no longer committed to the ever closer union in the preamble. It then goes on to clarify that the powers or lack thereof of the Commision and all other EU institutions do not in any way emenate from the preamble and it has no legal standing.

We have an opt out from a meaningless buzzword, it has no legal status and nothing else has changed. We are still subject to QMV in the majority of decision making areas.

You've bought a lie by Cameron and Juncker hook line and sinker.