EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Surely it was introduced in 2002 in Northern Ireland under Blair. This is just the continuation.

You know that isn't what happened but nice try :)

Cameron's government pushed this through, with a bit of LibDem help it has to be noted.

---------- Post added 23-06-2016 at 18:36 ----------

Personally I was looking at the bit which relates to the matter under discussion. Some others may have been scrolling down looking for an explanatory cartoon.

Which bit of text says it is not legal? Let's start with that

---------- Post added 23-06-2016 at 18:55 ----------

Nobody in our house got a polling card, and neither did our neighbours. Even so, they've all been able to vote.

I've just rung Derbyshire Council and they have no records of me ever having voted, nor am I registered to that address to vote.

Bizzare. I remember it as clear as day, and so do the people I went with to vote last year.

---------- Post added 23-06-2016 at 18:23 ----------

But that was Feb 5th last year, the G.E was May 7th. I must have registered since Feb 5th to have voted last year.

If you were already registered before the 2015 GE you were ok to vote in that.

Aftwerwards the new rules kicked in. 35 million people who could be verified against the DWP database were automatically transferred. There were 7 million people who could not be verified and were not automatically transferred and I'm guessing that you were one of them.

I was as well - the DWP were holding some incorrect data for me.

Edited by I1L2T3

If you were already registered before the 2015 GE you were ok to vote in that.

Aftwerwards the new rules kicked in. 35 million people who could be verified against the DWP database were automatically transferred. There were 7 million people who could not be verified and were not automatically transferred and I'm guessing that you were one of them.

I was as well - the DWP were holding some incorrect data for me.

That would explain it. Thanks!

Hello all. Glad to see that the majority of Sheffield Forum users are sensible enough to vote out (by the looks of this poll). I really cannot understand how someone would want to stay in the EU and be dictated to by unelected beaurocrats in Brussels (and the Germans). I voted out 1st thing this morning with great pride. I have been looking forward to an opportunity to cast my vote for years. I really do hope that we leave the failing EU as soon as possible. If we do not leave, our children will despise us, and ask us why we did not take this (probably last) chance. Cheers.

You know that isn't what happened but nice try :)

Cameron's government pushed this through, with a bit of LibDem help it has to be noted.

---------- Post added 23-06-2016 at 18:36 ----------

Which bit of text says it is not legal? Let's start with that

---------- Post added 23-06-2016 at 18:55 ----------

S.C Part 1, para 2,3

You know the bits where they say that.

You either have appalling reading comprehension or are just being deliberately obtuse again.

Hello all. Glad to see that the majority of Sheffield Forum users are sensible enough to vote out (by the looks of this poll). I really cannot understand how someone would want to stay in the EU and be dictated to by unelected beaurocrats in Brussels (and the Germans). I voted out 1st thing this morning with great pride. I have been looking forward to an opportunity to cast my vote for years. I really do hope that we leave the failing EU as soon as possible. If we do not leave, our children will despise us, and ask us why we did not take this (probably last) chance. Cheers.

:thumbsup:

Au contraire, your children will be wondering why you decided to limit their opportunities in life.

:clap::clap::clap:

Guest sibon
If we do not leave, our children will despise us, and ask us why we did not take this (probably last) chance. Cheers.

My children have told me that they will never speak to me again if I vote out.

They want the freedom and the opportunities, you see.

Financial markets getting worried maybe? They were the only ones to conduct exit polls for themselves.

This is a graph of how many dollars a pound can get you (high implies remain, low implies leave)

http://i.imgur.com/xH7lTbS.png

Its still in the positive for the day but falling. Maybe low turn out numbers with pictures like these coming in.

S.C Part 1, para 2,3

You know the bits where they say that.

You either have appalling reading comprehension or are just being deliberately obtuse again.

That is simply describing the current situation. Paragraphs 4 & 5 clarify that Cameron's agreement is compatible with the existing treaties.

You are reading something that isn't there.

Just clearly explain what you think the problem is with paragraphs 2 & 3.