EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Do you see Russia as being our allies? I don't.

Nobody in their right mind would trust a pathological liar like Putin as far as they could spit............he even lies about how his own dead soldiers came to die.........no respect whatsoever to them.

Bit risky though with the situation in Stria and Iraq though. And Turkey are in the equation. They want a war.

Appeasement is also a risky strategy that can lead to war. All Turkey did was let Russia know that they'd be a price to pay if it continued to violate it's airspace.

I think I have in previous posts but if you restate them I will. Not sure what I havent answered.

When did the EU instigate the overthrow of a democratically elected government in Ukraine?

Why are the Baltic states calling for more NATO to protect them from Russian aggression on their borders if Russia are not threatening them?,and if there was no Russian aggression,how come they invaded Crimea,and lied about it,on the pretext of protecting Russians when no Russians were in danger?

When did the EU instigate the overthrow of a democratically elected government in Ukraine?

Why are the Baltic states calling for more NATO to protect them from Russian aggression on their borders if Russia are not threatening them?,and if there was no Russian aggression,how come they invaded Crimea,and lied about it,on the pretext of protecting Russians when no Russians were in danger?

Let's not forget the Russian invasion of Georgia as well.

I struggle to understand Russia (or Soviet Union). Russia gave the Crimea to Ukraine as a gift. Then after the breakup wanted it back.

There is also a piece of Russia now cut off from the rest by the Baltic States, and Russia needs access through those states to maintain contact.

I think much of the tension now is due to the way the Soviet Union handled its own breakup.

It depends which news source you use. I know they're all biased and RT is funded by the Russians but I believe them more than MSM... There's plenty of other sources if you search though.

https://www.rt.com/news/237977-nato-russia-border-diplomacy/

The Baltic states gain financial reward. They want the dollar.

It depends who you believe about the "invasion" even if they did I think it was justified to defend their national interest. Ukraine are being used by the EU and USA.

The country was part of the USSR and was given independence by Russia. Im sure they didn't do that thinking the democratically elected government would be overthrown by rebels encouraged by the EU.

You believe the USA and EU. I believe Russia.

I appreciate you believe what the USA and EU because they never tell lies. Do they?

---------- Post added 20-02-2016 at 15:18 ----------

The USA were active there. Same old problem.

---------- Post added 20-02-2016 at 15:25 ----------

Do you see Russia as being our allies? I don't.

Not really. I dont see them as enemies either. This from wiki shows why Russia was worried and emphasises the point of Turkey joining NATO. IE to move NATO's borders closer to Russia It may have been 1952 but that was the reason they were invited..

Russian interests and involvement

Transcaucasia lies between the Russian region of the North Caucasus and the Middle East, forming a "buffer zone" between Russia and the Middle East. It borders Turkey and Iran. The strategic importance of the region has made it a security concern for Russia. Significant economic reasons, such as presence or transportation of oil, also affect interest in Transcaucasia. Control of Transcaucasia, according to Swedish academic Svante Cornell, would enable Russia to control Western influence in the geopolitically important region of Central Asia.[51]

Russia saw the Black Sea coast and the border with Turkey as invaluable strategic attributes of Georgia.[52] Russia had more vested interests in Abkhazia than in South Ossetia, since the Russian military presence on the Black Sea coast was seen as vital to Russian influence in the Black Sea.[31] Before the early 2000s, South Ossetia was originally intended as a tool to retain a grip on Georgia.[43]

Edited by MikeFrank

It made no difference to me what deal Cameron got from the circus in Brussels , i want out of the EU asap .

---------- Post added 20-02-2016 at 15:46 ----------

Leaving the EU would be a disaster, I hope that this poll isn't representative.

No it wouldnt .

It would be the best thing this country has ever done.

Time to go it alone

Time to close our borders

It depends which news source you use. I know they're all biased and RT is funded by the Russians but I believe them more than MSM... There's plenty of other sources if you search though.

https://www.rt.com/news/237977-nato-russia-border-diplomacy/

The Baltic states gain financial reward. They want the dollar.

It depends who you believe about the "invasion" even if they did I think it was justified to defend their national interest. Ukraine are being used by the EU and USA.

The country was part of the USSR and was given independence by Russia. Im sure they didn't do that thinking the democratically elected government would be overthrown by rebels encouraged by the EU.

You believe the USA and EU. I believe Russia.

I appreciate you believe what the USA and EU because they never tell lies. Do they?

There's nothing there to support your theory that the EU encouraged rebels to overthrow the government............who in the EU instigated and encouraged it?..........name names,give links.

Before any trouble started,polls showed that a majority in Ukraine were in favour of closer ties with the EU.

The EU did not tell Ukrainians to flood the streets in protest about their own government,they did that of their own accord,because they wanted to go in a direction dictated by EU values,not Russian values.