EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

So staying in the EU provides us with security of trade and national security does it?

Surprised no one has quoted Benjamin Franklin who is credited with saying "Those that give up their liberty for more security deserve neither liberty nor security".

What liberties has the EU taken away from you?

You obviously believe the agreement is a guaranteed, I don't believe its a guaranteed, you trust what Cameron says I don't trust what Cameron say.

It's true you can rarely trust a Tory but Cameron's doing rather well at the moment.

Could he be the PM who kills off two of the greatest debates of the past few decades, Scotland & the EU? Looks like it. He has the opportunity to take down Boris Johnson as well.

---------- Post added 21-02-2016 at 11:56 ----------

Leaving isn't a leap in the dark nor does it pose a risk to 65 million people, the prosperity of the UK is at greater risk by staying in.

You have no evidence for any of that. Saying it doesn't make it true.

It's true you can rarely trust a Tory but Cameron's doing rather well at the moment.

Could he be the PM who kills off two of the greatest debates of the past few decades, Scotland & the EU? Looks like it. He has the opportunity to take down Boris Johnson as well.

He's only do well in your opinion because on this he just happens to be on the same side of the fence as you. He didn't kill the Scottish independence issue and he won't kill the EU issue.

A little GOOGLE brings up the sad fact that the number of soldiers (not counting any civilians) who gave their all in the defence of our great Country in WW1 & WW2 are listed as 700,000 and 450,900.

In all conscience I could not vote for our green and pleasant land to continue to be ruled by the German Jackboot. Not when over a million of our forces lost their lives fighting for our freedom against it.

Angel1.

A little GOOGLE brings up the sad fact that the number of soldiers (not counting any civilians) who gave their all in the defence of our great Country in WW1 & WW2 are listed as 700,000 and 450,900.

In all conscience I could not vote for our green and pleasant land to continue to be ruled by the German Jackboot. Not when over a million of our forces lost their lives fighting for our freedom against it.

Angel1.

This does seem to be the common argument that I here from people wanting to leave the EU. I do wonder if I'm living in the same country as the people making the claim. I haven't seen any people ruled by the German Jackboot around here. So what has this German Jackboot done to people personally?

You have no evidence for any of that. Saying it doesn't make it true.

You also have no evidence supporting your claim that leaving the EU will put the future prosperity of 65 million people at massive risk. Its just scaremongering, in or out there will always be winners and losers, what there won't be is 65 million winner or 65 million losers.

Well, the devil is in the detail. What no Ukip or pro-Brexit literature will never tell you is that EFTA membership, for example, does not free a country from the EU. Quite the opposite in fact. It would mean adherence to practically all EU regulations around trade. It would also mean retaining open borders. And it would mean those rules being imposed without us having any say in the formation of the rules.

The EU has dozens of free trade agreements with countries where open boarders are not a condition of trade. Why do you think it would be imposed on the UK?

As you are appear to be one of those who think the EU will seek to punish the UK if we choose to leave, can you explain why they would do that? What would the objective be?