EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

You can't just say it will be imposed 'as simple as that'! Why will it when it isn't imposed on many other countries with which the EU has free trade agreements?

It is imposed. Switzerland recently had a referendum about bringing in more border controls with the EU. Basically the EU told the Swiss that if they enacted any legislation off the back of the referendum then Swiss membership of the single market was in jeopardy

http://openeurope.org.uk/today/blog/swiss-told-to-vote-again-on-free-movement-except-this-time-the-stakes-are-higher/

It is imposed. Switzerland recently had a referendum about bringing in more border controls with the EU. Basically the EU told the Swiss that if they enacted any legislation off the back of the referendum then Swiss membership of the single market was in jeopardy

http://openeurope.org.uk/today/blog/swiss-told-to-vote-again-on-free-movement-except-this-time-the-stakes-are-higher/

Isnt that blackmail? Doesn't sound like the type of folk you want to hang around with :)

Look I understand what your views are but try and get some substance into your arguments to back them up. You are just basically saying everything is going to be fine (or at least better) when you have no idea that it will be because you don't know what the plan is. If the 'leave' campaigns don't know what the plan is then how can you know?

Like I said it's a leap in the dark.

You want me to provide substance to my argument despite the fact that your argument has no substance. You are just saying that everything will be fine if we stay and a disaster if we leave. I prefer freedom whilst you clearly think a lack of freedom provides more security.

The plan is for the elected UK government to run the country without any interference from Brussels, it isn't a leap in the dark it is a leap to freedom.

That's one deal. The simple truth is that there are more countries with free trade deals that don't have open borders than with. It is unquestionable not a requirement of trade and if the UK doesn't want it why would the EU insist on it?

We're not talking about people hanging around with each other though, we talking about countries negotiating their hardest for their national interest.

Many companies would shudder at the thought of not having our trade.They will beg us for it,not the other way round.