EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

That may or may not be true.

Just because Scotland voted for a bunch of SNP Mps don't read too much into that.

Firstly the SNP only got 50% of the vote. 50% voted for other parties all of whom wanted to remain within the UK

Secondly. Scottish voters voted to remain within the UK when given a free vote.

Thirdly. In polls in Scotland a small majority of those polled said they would vote to stay in the EU. A large amount however said they would vote to leave.

None of the above points to a desire by the Scotish people to leave the UK should we exit Europe or to wish to rejoin the EU should Scotland ever vote for independence.

Had Scotland voted to leave the UK a year ago, they would have grounds to approach the EU as a member state and ask to be part of the EU. However if the UK votes to leave the EU Scotland would no longer e part of the EU and should they subsequently leave the UK would have to apply to rejoin the EU.

But on the other hand, should Scotland leave the UK it would increase the Tory majority at Westminster by 55. So with boundary changes in the pipeline, said to be worth 20-30 seats to the Tories and with the Corbyn effect there wouldn't really be any point in holding a General Election in 2020.

I agree that it may or may not be true, I was only speculating.

I agree that it may or may not be true, I was only speculating.

Yes, but an interesting concept.

The Welsh on the other hand seem to have a small majority in favour of out. England pretty much half and half with a small majority (of those likely to vote) backing OUT.

Yes, but an interesting concept.

The Welsh on the other hand seem to have a small majority in favour of out. England pretty much half and half with a small majority (of those likely to vote) backing OUT.

I don't think that Wales are starting from the same starting point in regards to independence, with Scotland I wouldn't be surprised if we ended voting on the future of two unions in June.

I don't think that Wales are starting from the same starting point in regards to independence, with Scotland I wouldn't be surprised if we ended voting on the future of two unions in June.

You wouldn't be surprised if there was an independence vote in less than four months. One that no one has discussed, planned for nor arranged?

It would stagger me.

Stepping out of grown mature agreements and then demanding your own selfish trading rules as if you are the ruler will create a rather comic picture.

England is an island and it still is culturally very different from larger continents with a unique culture behaving like that island is the world or centre of the universe.

I really hope they are gonna go for it this time and then enjoy watching and observing what happens afterwards.

You wouldn't be surprised if there was an independence vote in less than four months. One that no one has discussed, planned for nor arranged?

It would stagger me.

Nope, you misunderstood me. I think that if we vote to leave the EU, it will mean the end of the UK.

Boris Johnson has just come out and put his colours to the mast! good news a strong high profile and liked Tory backing the out campaign, good news all round Camoron has failed he negotiated nothing all smoke and mirrors now lets get out! before the real problems start in the summer in europe!! another influx of migrants with the warmer weather major cities in europe will have major riots this year i predict.

---------- Post added 21-02-2016 at 16:50 ----------

Nope, you misunderstood me. I think that if we vote to leave the EU, it will mean the end of the UK.

on the contrary it will be the making and mending of this country and if other parts want to go with independence then so be it.

Edited by Dubaidani13

Huge blow to the pro EU camp

Although tories will try every trick in the book including wheeling out loads of CEOs saying it would be a disaster for us if we left.

This will be very close but think the no's will win people are just fed up with being told what to do by Brussels.

Sorry to be blunt but it is difficult to discuss this if you are going to resort to lies.

This is part of the agreement Cameron just made:

“It is recognised that the United Kingdom ... is not committed to further political integration in the European Union ... References to ever-closer union do not apply to the United Kingdom.”

This agreement is not binding. There's no treaty backing it and it has not been ratified by the EU parliament. The EU parliament is not going to vote on it until after the referendum. It can be overturned at any time by either the EU parliament or the ECJ. These are facts.

It's worthless. The european project will continue regardless, and if the UK is a member we shall be dragged along with it. This is my opinion, and the opinion of many others. You may have a different opinion.