EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

We did help bail the Irish out

---------- Post added 21-02-2016 at 20:00 ----------

Just as I expected. Ask difficult questions that right wingers don't like and bullying ensues.

I could take your response more seriously if the Brexiters had any kind of a plan. They can't even agree on how we would do our trade. Utterly shambolic.

Oh please, if you mean me I couldn't bully you if I wanted to, but your silliness needs taking to task. If you seriously think that is going to happen you need to explain youself in great detail.You trying to put about that the bare bones idea that the UK would become a trading pariah outside the EU isn't worth taking apart because it is so transparently silly.

I'm sure the UK Government bailed them out. Correct me if i'm wrong.

The Irish Republic joined Europe in 1973. It saw some of the best economic growth in Europe for more than 20 years until 2007/8. I take it the the previous 3 decades don't count in the 'were doing okay' statement I made, presumably because we can only identify when they failed (at the same time as the UK) because we helped them out? And actually, the only information I've found so far in terms of Ireland being bailed out was regarding the Troika Bailout which was a European-wide bailout which they exited in 2014.

Edited by CuttersGoose

Not scaremongering.

These are real issues that the Brexit camp has to address but seems happier to brush under the carpet.

Things that we don't produce here: a big proportion of our food, most consumer goods.

Makes you wonder how we manage to export so much:rolleyes:

Asking questions isn't but claiming we are doomed if we leave is, what we are going to hear over the next few months is lies lies and more lies. You want cast iron guarantees on what will happen if we leave, you won't get any just like there are no cast iron guarantees if we stay in the EU.

---------- Post added 21-02-2016 at 20:12 ----------

I've told you the plan several times, we the British people elect a government every five years and they will run the country without interference from the EU. The question is do you want an elected British government running the country or the EU?

My view is that we will have no choice but to stay in the single market if we leave the EU. If that is the case we will be bound by EU laws anyway with no influence over the rules. It's better that we stay in so we can influence those rules.

The 'leave' campaign is offering no coherent alternative. They're light on the economic impact because they know the public won't like what they hear. IMO this is the Achilles heel of the leave campaign and it will be exploited mercilessly.

My view is that we will have no choice but to stay in the single market if we leave the EU. If that is the case we will be bound by EU laws anyway with no influence over the rules. It's better that we stay in so we can influence those rules.

The 'leave' campaign is offering no coherent alternative. They're light on the economic impact because they know the public won't like what they hear. IMO this is the Achilles heel of the leave campaign it will be excploted mercilessly.

How much influence do we now? We've only got the consessions we've got now because we threatened to take our bat and ball home.

Makes you wonder how we manage to export so much:rolleyes:

Because the trade environment in the EU makes it profitable for UK farmers.

---------- Post added 21-02-2016 at 20:36 ----------

How much influence do we now? We've only got the consessions we've got now because we threatened to take our bat and ball home.

More than we'd have if we decide to have the same relationship with the EU as any of Norway, Switzerland or Turkey.

The 'leave' campaign is offering no coherent alternative. They're light on the economic impact because they know the public won't like what they hear. IMO this is the Achilles heel of the leave campaign and it will be exploited mercilessly.

My view is that we might stay in the single market on terms that we negotiate.

We are going round in circles, there is nothing at all that will convince you that leaving is good, and your scaremongering won't convince anyone that staying is good. The future is unpredictable so no one can give you the guarantees and answers you desire, I trust that the British people can prosper without the EU, you obviously believe we are incapable of functioning without our EU overlords.

So nothing much left to say.

Oh please, if you mean me I couldn't bully you if I wanted to, but your silliness needs taking to task. If you seriously think that is going to happen you need to explain youself in great detail.You trying to put about that the bare bones idea that the UK would become a trading pariah outside the EU isn't worth taking apart because it is so transparently silly.

You're missing the point entirely and the point isn't even complex.

The point is that if we left we would still have pretty much the same trade relationship because we'd have to stay in the single market. The downside of that is having EU rules foisted in us with no say in them. It would cost us virtually the same. We might have less control of our borders. We would still have to contribute to the EU budget.

The Brexit campaigns are carefully avoiding addressing any of this.

---------- Post added 21-02-2016 at 20:44 ----------

My view is that we might stay in the single market on terms that we negotiate.

We are going round in circles, there is nothing at all that will convince you that leaving is good, and your scaremongering won't convince anyone that staying is good. The future is unpredictable so no one can give you the guarantees and answers you desire, I trust that the British people can prosper without the EU, you obviously believe we are incapable of functioning without our EU overlords.

So nothing much left to say.

Actually I'm frustrated that the leave campaign have nothing in the easy of coherent economic plans.