Would you go to see 'An audience with Jimmy SaVILE?'

Most major enquiries take years to report, cost millions in expenses, and achieve precisely nothing.

It matters to each and every child /adult that was abused not just by Savile but other so called senior and prominent people. They deserve closure. Savile's OK cos he's deid but they have to live with this. Ok the dead can't be tried but this isn;t just about his alleged offences. It's wider.

Not ever been abused myself but know people (both sexes) who were and I know the damage it does to lives. In Savile's case they'll never be able to face off to him and tell him what they think of him but surely they deserve some closure?

Of course, and all of us must empathise with those who suffered.

It's just that I cannot see how Public Enquiries help when the alleged culprit is deceased.

Ah but as I already said this inquiry isn;t just about Savile. It's wider than that see link

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/feb/11/justice-lowell-goddard-establishment-links-child-abuse-inquiry-truth-reconciliation

Edited by annbaker

Of course, and all of us must empathise with those who suffered.

It's just that I cannot see how Public Enquiries help when the alleged culprit is deceased.

I don't think it's purpose would be to help you, but rather to formally inform you, rather than informally through the Red tops. On the other hand it could help the victims by receiving formal recognition through a legal process.