Traffic lights with slats

In response to Easter Sundae:

a)remove the slats

b)what problem

The only problem on the Halifax Road crossings is that you cannot tell what colour they are ,or if they are not operating until you are within a matter of yards away.

I have seen numerous incidents of people ignoring or failing to see traffic warnings but to deliberately obscure lights makes no sense to me at all whatever the rationale is.

The problem is that some people see a green traffic light which they think applies to them and set off, and forget about the much closer red traffic light which means that they should not go (because it is no longer in their field of view). Do you really not understand that this can be a problem if allowed to continue?

---------- Post added 14-06-2015 at 15:58 ----------

The two people you are discussing things with have a different "opinion " to you. Despite the fact they so utterly utterly wrong and unable to see the point here, is it true that they have a valid opinion?

Of course they are allowed any opinion they want. Whether or not it is a valid opinion is another matter entirely. There is a clear reason for fitting the slats, ie in response to a problem. What seems odd is that they appear to be totally ignoring that there was a problem in the first place (ie if there weren't any slats).

Of course if there weren't any problems without the slats, it seems incredible that the authorities would suddenly decide to spend money on some irrelevant additional slats.

Wrong order....

Doesn't matter which order I explained it in, I was highlighting stop and go, not sequence. Red, red and amber, green, amber, red. We all know that.

The problem is that some people see a green traffic light which they think applies to them and set off, and forget about the much closer red traffic light which means that they should not go (because it is no longer in their field of view). Do you really not understand that this can be a problem if allowed to continue?

Then move the line further back so the red light can be seen from the stop line! Easy and cheaper than slats obscuring the view of the lights.

The two people you are discussing things with have a different "opinion " to you. Despite the fact they so utterly utterly wrong and unable to see the point here,

Explain please why utterly wrong?