Could you go back

A BIG NO, I would miss the weather, the beaches & the wonderful lifestyle we now enjoy, I've lived here for 36 years now, I spent 27 years in Sheffield & they were great times, but wanted to give the kids a better lifestyle & future which they now enjoy.

For all you ex-pats. If you were told that you had to return to Sheffield could you handle it and what would you miss most about where you are now? Personally I think I would top myself first.

NO! couldn't handle it now, just from what i read on the Forum i think i would be a little afraid living in SHeffield now, too many robberies going on ect, not saying there aren't places in the States like that either, i wouldn't want to live in them either, but you did ask about just Sheffield.

One of my main codes in life is to never give up. Another is to never go back. I wouldn't go back to Sheffield because, from what I've gleaned from my remaining family and this Forum, it's not the same as when I lived there. And it's still changing. Soon, all the places I knew as a kid, will be gone. All my contempories are gone already, or almost. No thanks.

Well I went back,three years ago,not exactly Sheffield but near enough. The big problem is the youths who are without doubt the crudest people I have ever come across. The streets are filthy and the one way system is a nightmare. The Gardens around the Town Hall are a big attraction and of course 'lane,I miss the football,not as good as the old days when the supporters all shared the ground and were civilised to a greater extent. There's too much control in the wrong place,kids do what they like on the streets but football supporters are inhibited.

For all you ex-pats. If you were told that you had to return to Sheffield could you handle it and what would you miss most about where you are now? Personally I think I would top myself first.

NOOOOOOOOOOO what a horrible horrible thought - shame on you - gave me a nasty shock :hihi:

NOOOOOOOOOOO what a horrible horrible thought - shame on you - gave me a nasty shock :hihi:

Me to. Think about it. Weather report for to-day cold and windy 22 degrees c.

Thats about your summer temp. Go back? not a chance.

If I had to of course I'd cope- I love Sheffield people and family there. BUT I couldn't leave my beatiful family here in Oz - I'd pine away.

PS Of course a + would be I'd get to meet lots of S.Fs Yea!

Archived