Could you go back

That's harsh! Makes us all feel unloved here on the forum!! :(

Not unloved at all Quite the opposite. Thats why I give you all the big sell on getting out. I am even looking to sponsor one of you Pommies out here to Aus just to give you a chance for a better future.

A bit like adopting a third world kid you know;)

We love all you Sheffield forum people,and i am sure had you had the chance you would be where we are Basking in the sunshine,all the open spaces.Sure we have some baddies here also,had they been brought up with a bit of respect!!( like we were ) for other people and their belongings the world would be a better place,I still have family in Sheffield and would dearly love to see them but no i dont think i would go back to live.In fact i might rush out and be naturalised immediatly in case,Thanks to all the forumers without you we wouldnt have anyone to converse with.love you all :love:

We love all you Sheffield forum people,and i am sure had you had the chance you would be where we are Basking in the sunshine,all the open spaces.Sure we have some baddies here also,had they been brought up with a bit of respect!!( like we were ) for other people and their belongings the world would be a better place,I still have family in Sheffield and would dearly love to see them but no i dont think i would go back to live. In fact i might rush out and be naturalised immediatly in case,Thanks to all the forumers without you we wouldnt have anyone to converse with.love you all :love:

Now that says a lot how many of us have lived out here for years and yet still hang on to our English identity and passport.

• 1 month later...
For all you ex-pats. If you were told that you had to return to Sheffield could you handle it and what would you miss most about where you are now? Personally I think I would top myself first.

lived in usa for 39 years now, at this time in texas. i've been home on visits but it has changed so much, i don't think i could live there and be happy, though it will always be home for me. i came here to give the kids a better life than i had growing up, times were tough, but we still had fun, but i wanted more for my girls.

Archived