How to handle illegal immigrants

The thing is, the UK is not an isolated island, it is part of the world and no matter how you look at it, will need to take its share of the population to remain competitive. China is very near to some measures, already according to others, the biggest economy in the world for 1,3 billion reasons.

Its not possible to increase it indefinitely and any increase just results in a larger problem for the future, which is OK and you don't care about future generations.

There is no need to increase it indefinitely, the population pyramid problem was brought about by the baby boom specifically. Increasing the younger working age population now will not result in perpetuating the problem.

---------- Post added 26-06-2015 at 10:38 ----------

We are in a total catch-22 here really. We need a growing population to look after the elderly, but then the next generation also needs to grow again to support the previous one

No, it's not like that. There was a very large spike in population, the baby boomers, who are all now retired and aging. Balancing the bottom of the pyramid now will not create another spike, it will just return the shape to the profile that is needed.

The thing is, the UK is not an isolated island, it is part of the world and no matter how you look at it, will need to take its share of the population to remain competitive. China is very near to some measures, already according to others, the biggest economy in the world for 1,3 billion reasons.

Look at the education system, the work ethic and hours worked, personal motivation and birth control in China and then you may have an idea why it is booming.

---------- Post added 26-06-2015 at 10:51 ----------

To get back to illegal immigrants.

The main body of people leaving their countries for whatever reason appear to be fit young men.

Presumably these are the ones that can afford to pay the traffickers.

These young men are leaving behind the old, sick, infirm and poor who are unable to leave their countries.

If the fit young men leave who will be left to defend those left behind and improve their countries ?

Instead of just sympathising for the illegal immigrants, who in some cases need to prove their refugee status let us appreciate the wider picture.

Edited by harvey19

There is no need to increase it indefinitely, the population pyramid problem was brought about by the baby boom specifically. Increasing the younger working age population now will not result in perpetuating the problem.

The solution is causing many other problems and will perpetuate the problem, another baby boom is already happening caused by high immigration and resulting in pressure on the NHS, schools ect.

Public services are now struggled because of the age profile at both ends of the spectrum, old people and very young people increase the burden on public services.

Increase the working age of old people and reducing the number of babies being born results in less pressure on public services and an higher tax take.

Most people don't need to stop working and paying tax at 67.

Edited by loraward

Is there another baby boom happening, the NAO would have some figures to show it I'd assume?

Immigrants are of course not generally young children, although they may well have children if they intend to stay here for the longer term, but they will (if from outside the EU) be working professionals who are net tax payers and more than cover the cost of the public services they use.

---------- Post added 26-06-2015 at 11:15 ----------

The main body of people leaving their countries for whatever reason appear to be fit young men.

Presumably these are the ones that can afford to pay the traffickers.

Evidence that this is the case?

Is there another baby boom happening, the NAO would have some figures to show it I'd assume?

Immigrants are of course not generally young children, although they may well have children if they intend to stay here for the longer term, but they will (if from outside the EU) be working professionals who are net tax payers and more than cover the cost of the public services they use.

Primary source, this week's national news.

Again you are ignoring the very relevant parts of my post.

I think you need to open your eyes pal. Look around. Watch the TV. Go into a school and see.

Yes and you would think but it isn't backed up by realty, non EU immigrants are a net drain on the economy so not only as this wave of immigration not helped to fund state pensions they have helped to increase the deficit.

Another question which I presume will not be answered but here goes.

If the immigrants are found to be illegal how and to where will they be deported to.

How will it be determined, by evidence and proof, which immigrants are legal or illegal ?

These are practical objective questions as are my others.

Yes and you would think but it isn't backed up by realty, non EU immigrants are a net drain on the economy so not only as this wave of immigration not helped to fund state pensions they have helped to increase the deficit.

I am SOOO going to bookmark this page.