How to handle illegal immigrants

1. Do you support mass-immigration, at the level it has been for the last 15 years?

2. Do you agree or disagree that multi-culturalism has caused British society to become segregated on both racial and religious grounds?............

3. Is this a bad thing?

I probably answer you definition of a 'do-gooder' on here, since I don't have fangs out and scraping the floor in respect of immigrants, so here goes.

1. Not in the entirely unchecked, 'free-for-all' manner in which it has taken place until 2009. Things have changed quite a bit since then, when the UK adopted an Australian-like PBS system.

2. No. Racial and religious segregation has exited in the UK for centuries. Mass immigration of recent decades coupled with oversupply of media exposure (TV, web, social media, etc.) may well have increased that segregation or at least its perception, no issue about that.

3. Any amount of racial and religious segregation is always bad. Including the sort stated in your posts.

Now that I've answered, a question to you: how do the above 3 question reconcile with your stated intent to repatriate 2nd or 3rd generation UK citizens born of Commonwealth immigrant?

I probably answer you definition of a 'do-gooder' on here, since I don't have fangs out and scraping the floor in respect of immigrants, so here goes.

1. Not in the entirely unchecked, 'free-for-all' manner in which it has taken place until 2009. Things have changed quite a bit since then, when the UK adopted an Australian-like PBS system.

2. No. Racial and religious segregation has exited in the UK for centuries. Mass immigration of recent decades coupled with oversupply of media exposure (TV, web, social media, etc.) may well have increased that segregation or at least its perception, no issue about that.

3. Any amount of racial and religious segregation is always bad. Including the sort stated in your posts.

Now that I've answered, a question to you: how do the above 3 question reconcile with your stated intent to repatriate 2nd or 3rd generation UK citizens born of Commonwealth immigrant?

Thanks for attempting to answer the questions.

1. Whilst you state you don't support immigration that is 'free-for-all' and 'unchecked' you claim that it has reduced since 2009 - last year it stood at 298,000. I accept that it's difficult to define 'mass-immigration' it is widely accepted amongst the media and UK public that the levels the UK has seen since the late nineties can be described in this way.

2. I don't agree with your answer. There is segregation and it exists in most cities and lots of large towns. Whole communities exist where the proportion of racial groups constitute a huge and growing proportion of the population. In Sheffield Burngreave, Darnall and Pitsmoor would be some examples of (self imposed) segregation and the White British population would not be welcome to visit and live there. The hostility(racism) faced would be a deterrent.

3. Always bad? It's much more profound and serious to be dismissed as 'bad'.....It's about the social fabric of a country and the basic nature of human civilisation. Humans like to live amongst people that are like them.

Fair enough, I'll answer your question - my stated intent (you mean desire???) to repatriate (possibly 2nd and 3rd generation) is due to what I've outlined in 2 and 3. They and their ancestors were brought here to serve a short term economic purpose which was to rebuild the country's infrastructure post WW2 and to provide labour to the cotton mills and some bus and train providers.

Later on, the purpose of immigration changed to creating a surplus of workers to reduce wages for big business as big business could no longer increase profits from increased sales as the UK is a post-industrial economy. An economy that doesn't manufacture goods has to seek it's growth in services and this can only be obtained through access to debt to consumers and lowering wages and other costs, like Health and Safety..

Edited by RickyM

You specifically mentioned ethnic minorities and sending them back.. Back to countries they've never seen, back to countries they've not come from and back to countries where they don't speak the language.

Your xenophobia extends to include Europeans, well done, but it still looks a lot like racism when you think that any ethnic minority has a "back" to go to.

---------- Post added 02-07-2015 at 09:02 ----------

Why don't you all go and have a big right wing fascist hug.

RickyM said "foreigner" which means they were not born here and do have somewhere to go back to.

RickyM said "Ethnic minorities that have UK Citizenship helped to return to their own countries", also means they were not born here so do have a country to go back to.

I feel really sorry for anybody facing hardship. There are plenty of people facing it here. But we are seriously overcrowded. There is no places at schools for all the children being born largely to due to so many English people having too many children as well as all the influx of immigrant families coming here. Nor are there vacancies at at NHS doctors surgeries and dentists for everyone. People are waiting in A & E on trollies to be seen. The benefit system is stretched and there is nothing in the pot to go round. Those that were born here are being denied benefits when they have worked and paid in these benefits are unfairly being given to immigrants who have not paid in, and the parents of large families who have never worked or paid in to me that is very unfair. Council house are being given to immigrants and those who have never worked over those that were born here and have worked and paid their Council Tax. Australia, America and other countries don't tolerate this they do not pander to the whim of those trying to enter their country illegally. They have better border controls and as soon as you are found at an airport or ferry port without the correct documentation you are sent back to where you came from. I realise some will be genuine fleeing war torn countries but many will just be coming because they know they will get a Council House and ample benefits that we don't get. If the countries that they came from better looked after their own people and ran their own countries better there would be no need for them to fleeing anywhere would there?. I also think they should try first the neighbouring countries of theirs, why come all the way to Britain?. Because they know we are the only country stupid enough to take care of them better than we do our own people. :) :) :) :)

Edited by CatsWhisker4
Spelling Errors, To Add Words In

I feel really sorry for anybody facing hardship. There are plenty of people facing it here. But we are seriously overcrowded. There is no places at schools for all the children being born largely to due to so many English people having too many children as well as all the influx of immigrant families coming here. Nor are there vacancies at at NHS doctors surgeries and dentists for everyone. People are waiting in A & E on trollies to be seen. The benefit system is stretched and there is nothing in the pot to go round. Those that were born here are being denied benefits when they have worked and paid in. Council house are being given to immigrants over those that were born here. Australia, America and other countries don't tolerate this they do not pander to the whim of those trying to enter their country illegally. They have better border controls and as soon as you are found at an airport or ferry port without the correct documentation you are sent back to where you came from. I realise some will be genuine fleeing war torn countries but many will just be coming because they know they will get a Council House and ample benefits that we don't get. If the countries that they came from better looked after their own people and ran their own countries better there would be no need for them to fleeing anywhere would there?. I also think they should try first the neighbouring countries of theirs, why come all the way to Britain?. Because they know we are the only country stupid enough to take care of them better than we do our own people. :) :) :) :)

I agree with most of what you say but when you say that 'so many English people are having too many children aswell' is not the case. Birth rates are below what's called replacement level, which is 2.1 children per woman. The rate is around 1.8.

---------- Post added 02-07-2015 at 16:41 ----------

RickyM said "foreigner" which means they were not born here and do have somewhere to go back to.

RickyM said "Ethnic minorities that have UK Citizenship helped to return to their own countries", also means they were not born here so do have a country to go back to.

Cyclone wont answer but it was worth trying........

Oh I see maybe it has reduced then. But in recent years it seemed to be very high to me with lots of children being born in Britain. :) :) :) :)

It's been below replacement level since 1973 but the population has increased because people are living longer and mass-immigration.

The link is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_the_United_Kingdom#Fertility

That is really interesting statistics. I suppose since then family numbers reduced as roles changed and women went out to work and did not just be a home maker as such. They started focusing on careers more than just having children. :) :) :) :)

That is really interesting statistics. I suppose since then family numbers reduced as roles changed and women went out to work and did not just be a home maker as such. They started focusing on careers more than just having children. :) :) :) :)

It's partly that but also to do with contraceptives being more widely available and the 'sexual revolution'.

The UK isn't the only country to see this. The lowest levels of fertility though are for countries like Germany and Japan with much lower levels (1.3 per woman) and their populations will shrink by a third within 50 years.