What should a British Muslim do?

The Irish Republicans were not on a crusade. They wanted independence from UK. They weren't bombing in the cause of Christianity.

Well, that true.

But then most Muslims aren't on a crusade.

I am opposed to immigration from all countries so don't assume I'm a wishy washy lefty.

I just don't think Muslims that have nothing to do with terror groups should be associated with them by virtue of their religion.

Then should we consider those who take the passages in the Qur'an - all of them, or at least those that promote violence above those that promote love - to extremes, to be mentally incapable of taking them in the context they were written?

The parts some ignore are just as relevant today as the time they was written, not eating pork which was very relevant at the time as absolutely no relevance today.

---------- Post added 17-06-2015 at 07:10 ----------

Well, that true.

But then most Muslims aren't on a crusade.

I am opposed to immigration from all countries so don't assume I'm a wishy washy lefty.

I just don't think Muslims that have nothing to do with terror groups should be associated with them by virtue of their religion.

Other than they worship that which created the terrorist and revere the man that inspired the terrorists and the terrorists emulate. A Nazi that didn't kill still aided and abetted those that did, so must bare some responsibility.

The Irish Republicans were not on a crusade. They wanted independence from UK. They weren't bombing in the cause of Christianity.

There's lots of excuses about why all Muslims should be responsible for a minority, but why this shouldn't apply to other groups. :suspect:

There's lots of excuses about why all Muslims should be responsible for a minority, but why this shouldn't apply to other groups. :suspect:

I'm not sure I've said they are responsible. My point is that the culture of Islam is virtually incompatible with the English British culture.

Shall we discuss this over a pint and a bacon sarnie?

I'm not sure I've said they are responsible. My point is that the culture of Islam is virtually incompatible with the English British culture.

Shall we discuss this over a pint and a bacon sarnie?

Firstly, Islam isn't a monoculture. Secondly neither is British English.

Firstly, Islam isn't a monoculture. Secondly neither is British English.

Quite obviously.

Therefore your claim that ''the culture of Islam is virtually incompatible with the English British culture'' is utter nonsense.

If you think the two are compatible, I challenge you to set up a pub on high street Baghdad. Or set up a wine bar in Tehran.

Whilst you do it, get your wife to wear a low cut top and your daughter to wear a short skirt.

Oh and hold up a banner calling for equal rights for women.

---------- Post added 17-06-2015 at 08:40 ----------

Oh yes. And start selling lottery scratch cards with pictures of pigs on them.

---------- Post added 17-06-2015 at 08:41 ----------

And set up a bacon sarnie shop in Syria. See how long you last.