What should a British Muslim do?

Burn em!!

They're evil!!!

Hang em up and flog em!!!

Or ... wait until they break the law and arrest them and charge them. Try them in a court of law for the crimes they've broken, and not the books they read. Maybe.

Or just ban the literature that if it came from any other group of people would be deemed illegal, allowing the publication and distribution of a book that promotes hatred and violence towards people of no faith isn't the best way to promote peace, it will inevitably lead to a reaction from people of no faith.

But in the interest of fairness if they are allowed literature that promotes the hatred and killing on non believers, then non believer should have the same right to produce literature that promotes the hatred and killing of believers.

Edited by loraward

Or just ban the literature that if it came from any other group of people would be deemed illegal, allowing the publication and distribution of a book that promotes hatred and violence towards people of no faith isn't the best way to promote peace, it will inevitably lead to a reaction from people of no faith.

A ban which would guarantee a raising of tensions between all UK based Muslims and the rest of the UK population. Exactly what IS want.

A ban which would guarantee a raising of tensions between all UK based Muslims and the rest of the UK population. Exactly what IS want.

Producing literature that promotes hate and violence is against UK law, religion should not be exempt from such laws.

I would be prosecuted if I published literature that promoted murder and homophobia. Why should religion be excused of this?

Or just ban the literature

Well that ain't going to happen, so I'm glad we've taken this detour into madness.

Islam doesn't have a monopoly of hate speech in its religious book. I take it that you intend on banning all religious texts - in your spirit of fairness. ;)

Producing literature that promotes hate and violence is against UK law, religion should not be exempt from such laws.

It isn't

Critics of the Bill (before the amendments noted below, adding the requirement for the intention of stirring up hatred) asserted that the Act would make major religious works such as the Bible and the Quran illegal in their current form in the UK.

The bible and quaran apparently do not have an intention of creating hatred or violence.

Well that ain't going to happen, so I'm glad we've taken this detour into madness.

Islam doesn't have a monopoly of hate speech in its religious book. I take it that you intend on banning all religious texts - in your spirit of fairness. ;)

Which other religious texts promote the hatred and killing of all non believers and is also described as the word of God.

Whats mad about calling for the banning of literature that promotes hatred intolerance and the killing of non believers. You can't seriously expect one group of people to tolerate a group of people that live their lives according a book that promotes violence and intolerance towards people that aren't part of their group.

---------- Post added 17-06-2015 at 14:59 ----------

It isn't

The bible and quaran apparently do not have an intention of creating hatred or violence.

It is.

Religious hatred is defined as hatred against a group of persons as defined by reference to religious beliefs, lack of religious beliefs or lack of shared religious beliefs.

Unlike racial hatred, to prove the offence of religious hatred the accused must have intended to stir up religious hatred.

Stirring up hatred means more than just causing hatred, and is not the same as stirring up religious tension. It must be a hatred that manifests itself in such a way that public order might be affected.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/publications/prosecution/violent_extremism.html#ba

I can't see how the Quran could not be described as stirring up hatred against people with a lack of religious beliefs. And it definitely manifests itself in such a way that public order is affected.

Edited by loraward