What should a British Muslim do?

Load of codswallop! Why haven't I killed any non Muslims in my 42 years of life and I am a Muslim?

People like you think Loraward(smithy) is bang on as you are a Muslim hater yourself.

Quoting verses from the Quran out of context does not prove anything apart from highlighting who the Muslim haters are. :rolleyes:

Because you are not a Muslim.

---------- Post added 17-06-2015 at 18:22 ----------

Examples please.

The Quran.

Any reprisals against such Muslims will make moderates like me retaliate back so don't be thinking that Muslims will just bend over and take it. You have mentioned this a few times so I think your the type that actually wants reprisals against Muslims but I've got news for you, it ain't going to happen because everyone doesn't think like you. :rolleyes:

Bend over and take it eh!

Perhaps like jihadi Johns victims .

Any reprisals against such Muslims will make moderates like me retaliate back so don't be thinking that Muslims will just bend over and take it. You have mentioned this a few times so I think your the type that actually wants reprisals against Muslims but I've got news for you, it ain't going to happen because everyone doesn't think like you. :rolleyes:

Moderate people from many different groups are beginning to turn against Muslims due to the extreme behaviour of a few of them.

Moderate Muslims ought to be keeping their fellow Muslims with extremist tendencies in check, before they end up bringing trouble to all Muslims.

There is a lot of tit for tat violence, and it does nobody any favours.

Moderate people from many different groups are beginning to turn against Muslims due to the extreme behaviour of a few of them.

Moderate Muslims ought to be keeping their fellow Muslims with extremist tendencies in check, before they end up bringing trouble to all Muslims.

There is a lot of tit for tat violence, and it does nobody any favours.

If the extreme behaviour didn't match the wording in the Quran or the actions of Mohammad then I don't think there would be such a problem.

Its hard to understand that someone can revere a man, and follow the teachings of a book that promotes intolerance and violence towards non believers, without supporting the ultimate aims of the man and book.

Your inability to understand something does not mean that it cannot happen.

Your inability to understand something does not mean that it cannot happen.

How do they manage it then, they belief the book to be the word of God and worship that God, they revere the man that accepted the revelations from God, yet you would have me believe that they don't agree with God and would oppose the word of God. That would imply that they haven't submitted to the will of God and if that's the case they can't be Muslims.

Mafya's contributions to this thread have been very disappointing (partly because of her previous clear thinking). Quibbling over the small print, picking on the analysis of the Quran, and her latest bullish contribution.

What about the main question?

Some will say she is an apologist for everything Muslim. My religion right or wrong.

So, never mind about if you do this it "will make moderates like me retaliate back". You may not need to retaliate if you are proactive.

What about the main question? What should a British Muslim do?

But the law does ban me from promoting intolerance and violence, but allows the promotion of violence and intolerance against me.

Do you honestly think that by banning a book you would stop intolerance and violence? Is that what you're saying?

In order for a book to be banned who decides? You because of your interpretation? You because of others interpretation or you because of others interpretation of your interpretation? How do you stop a belief by banning a book? Can you give an example where thought or belief has been eradicated through banning the written word?

---------- Post added 17-06-2015 at 20:01 ----------

What about the main question? What should a British Muslim do?

Ask to kiss yer backside.

Do you honestly think that by banning a book you would stop intolerance and violence? Is that what you're saying?

In order for a book to be banned who decides? You because of your interpretation? You because of others interpretation or you because of others interpretation of your interpretation? How do you stop a belief by banning a book? Can you give an example where thought or belief has been eradicated through banning the written word?

---------- Post added 17-06-2015 at 20:01 ----------

Ask to kiss yer backside.

Obviously our government think that or they wouldn't have laws against it.

Kill all non believers isn't open to interpretation, and is no different to printing a poster with the words kill all Jews, kill all blacks, kill all Christians, kill all homosexuals. The rules that rightly stop the publication and distribution of whiten material that incites hatred, intolerance and violence should also apply to religious text.

You are right, and that would hurt everyone. Zamo is talking reality. An increase in tension will cause more backlash against all Muslims, and more Muslims will feel alienated and forced to retaliate. I hope you are correct and that the vast majority of moderates (both Muslim and non-Muslim) will hold the line, but I don't think we can take it for granted.

---------- Post added 17-06-2015 at 20:22 ----------

How do they manage it then, they belief the book to be the word of God and worship that God, they revere the man that accepted the revelations from God, yet you would have me believe that they don't agree with God and would oppose the word of God. That would imply that they haven't submitted to the will of God and if that's the case they can't be Muslims.

I don't know how they manage it, because I'm not a Muslim and I don't know what, if any, inner conflicts they may be suffering. However, by the simple fact that the vast majority of non-believers haven't already been slaughtered gives a good indication of whether or not there really is a problem.