What should a British Muslim do?

As things stand, 'moderate' Muslims feed the illegal extremist problem by positioning their young within easy reach of the extremists... and that makes them part of the problem.

What a crock of. Where do you think they should put them so they're not in easy reach of extremists, the moon?

---------- Post added 11-07-2015 at 11:54 ----------

It is a symbol of someone following a more extreme version of Islam. It may be legal extremism but it is exactly the sort of thing Muslims need to let go of if they are to moderate and put greater distance between themselves and the illegal extremists. As things stand, 'moderate' Muslims feed the illegal extremist problem by p

There you go, telling other people what to do again...limiting other people's freedom. As far as I'm concerned women can wear what they choose and it's nobodies business but their own.

---------- Post added 11-07-2015 at 11:58 ----------

Do you think the wearing of the burqa demonstrates a will to integrate into the ways of the UK ?

Depends what you mean by integration - if you mean pressuring people into giving up their freedom to wear what they want, speak what they want and pray to whomsoever they choose, stuff integration.

What do you think are the perceptions of those wearing the garment and of those viewing a person wearing the garment ?

If you want testimony from women who choose to cover up, there's plenty available, why don't you go and read some of it?

Do you think we should have a multicultural or multiracial society ?

Both.

Edited by Halibut

What a crock of. Where do you think they should put them so they're not in easy reach of extremists, the moon?

---------- Post added 11-07-2015 at 11:54 ----------

There you go, telling other people what to do again...limiting other people's freedom. As far as I'm concerned women can wear what they choose and it's nobodies business but their own.

---------- Post added 11-07-2015 at 11:58 ----------

Depends what you mean by integration - if you mean pressuring people into giving up their freedom to wear what they want, speak what they want and pray to whomsoever they choose, stuff integration.

If you want testimony from women who choose to cover up, there's plenty available, why don't you go and read some of it?

Both.

from what i can see the burqa shows the belittling of women and also a massive two fingers to western society and should be banned.

from what i can see the burqa shows the belittling of women and also a massive two fingers to western society and should be banned.

I agree.

The burqa is supposed to be a sign of modesty, so are muslims saying British women are immodest, is that why they targeted British girls in Rotherham because according to muslims they were immodest?

I take it you've chosen not to read the accounts of women who choose to wear it, or that you don't care what they think anyway?

---------- Post added 11-07-2015 at 13:27 ----------

I agree.

The burqa is supposed to be a sign of modesty, so are muslims saying British women are immodest,

So what if they are?

Also, for your information, the terms Muslim and British aren't mutually exclusive.

Edited by Halibut

I missed the reflections of burka wearers as how it makes them feel. Both on this thread and generally. The modesty reason is rarely, if ever, given in the first person. Is it immodest to flout your opinions on a public forum? Please give me a few bullet points as to what makes it so good? I guess you'll tell me where to get off for being lazy, fair enough.

Below is the only first person reason I have come across.

A convert Muslim saying "It makes me feel safe from prying male eyes".

I guess that's like wearing sunglasses all the time as some males and females do from all communities. Which to my thinking is a psychological solution to a confidence issue.

If people want to look daft then why stop them.

If they are being forced to look daft then stop the enforcers.

Is it also true that some lasses in these daft frocks have to walk ten paces behind hubby? if so! good idea! better than ear plugs that is:hihi:

So I can't wrap a scarf around my face on a cold day? Or wear a balaclava? Balls to that.

Wearing balaclava's and scarves etc in cold weather is perfectly natural, the burqa is not. Its very anti-social to say the least. Using your eyes to see and recognise someone you know in the street is all part of communication and interaction in human society. The burqa gets in the way of this.

You can't even be sure that the person wearing one is even male or female which has obvious security concerns.

How any one can say that the burqa is a good thing for a society has got to be kidding.

Wearing balaclava's and scarves etc in cold weather is perfectly natural, the burqa is not. Its very anti-social to say the least. Using your eyes to see and recognise someone you know in the street is all part of communication and interaction in human society. The burqa gets in the way of this.

You can't even be sure that the person wearing one is even male or female which has obvious security concerns.

How any one can say that the burqa is a good thing for a society has got to be kidding.

Perhaps some of those wearers are neither .:hihi:

I take it you've chosen not to read the accounts of women who choose to wear it, or that you don't care what they think anyway?

---------- Post added 11-07-2015 at 13:27 ----------

i have read one or two accounts and seen some interviews on TV personally i am not convinced they are genuine and i think there is a lot of pressure from the males and some of the so called males seem to have a "pair" with attitude!!!:suspect:

Isn't it a strange coincidence that it's only Asian women that are "choosing" to wear it?