Dog being sick - yellow chips??

flibble

Hi,

Our dog is a fussy eater, and every now and then will be sick. The foam/bile kind where we know it's cos she has an empty stomach. However, yesterday she ate really well and this morning she's been sick. I can only describe it as it looks like chips! They're firm long and yellow.

Has anyone experienced this? I cants seem to find anything on Google.

She was only out in the garden yesterday so hasn't eaten anything unusual. She's fine in herself, still playful.

Hope someone can offer some advice!

Thanks,

Claire

It's probably just remnants of what was left in the stomach . Just give her a plain diet rice or chicken or even tinned chappie is good for settling tums for a few days and see how she goes . If no improvement then the vets .

Flibble - when did you last worm your dog? If you cannot remember, call into the vets and get a good quality wormer for her. You shouldn't need to have an appointment. Worm her regularly - best to make a note on your calendar when the next dose is due so that you do not miss it.

Your dog shouldn't be getting sick so maybe a little attention to the diet might prevent this. How often are you feeding her? She should have two meals a day and as the sickness is occurring on an empty stomach it might be an idea to hold a bit back to give last thing at night before bed. If you are feeding kibble then soaking it will often make it easier to digest. Regarding the fussiness, this sometimes occurs because the owner is unwittingly over feeding. If your dog is hungry, she will eat so perhaps consider reducing the quantity by 10%. It is best not to allow dogs to become fussy where food is concerned.

Hi,

Thanks for your helpful replies. She has her worm treatment every three months. Looking at Google they're not like that at all.

She probably eats the equivalent of one and a half good meals a day. We put food down in the morning and at night, sometimes she guzzles it all, sometimes she plays/sniffs at it. We've tried putting it down for half an hour and lifting it up but it doesn't seem to make a difference? She never gets excited when we put it down. We give her butchers dentacrunch and occasionally mix it with canned food as encouragement. When she was bad once we gave her rice and she seemed to enjoy it. We have tried different brands incase she doesn't like the taste.

Sometimes we wonder about the raw food diet or an alternative? She doesn't get lots of treats and we don't give her our leftovers so it's not as though she's waiting for something better.

On the chip front. The only thing we've thought is we have these paddy whack strips that she enjoys, they're the only thing similar in length, maybe she can't digest them.

Claire

if by paddy whack you mean those dried hide chews there's your answer.

Yeah hide can come back up in yellow strips . I don't feed them to mine anymore because it use to make them sick . I've have swopped to dryed duck necks which they love .