Elite firms exclude working class

That sounds like you're condoning what these elite firms are doing?

I realise that certain employers require certain types of people to fill roles within their firms. As these firms pay the employees salaries and have a responsibility to generate profits for their firm then they employ the people they consider most suitable.

I realise that certain employers require certain types of people to fill roles within their firms. As these firms pay the employees salaries and have a responsibility to generate profits for their firm then they employ the people they consider most suitable.

True enough. But then I suppose people were saying that 40 years ago before sex and race discrimination laws were introduced.

True enough. But then I suppose people were saying that 40 years ago before sex and race discrimination laws were introduced.

No comparison at all.

We are talking about people most capable of bringing success to a company regardless of sex or colour.

No comparison at all.

We are talking about people most capable of bringing success to a company regardless of sex or colour.

And people from working class backgrounds aren't capable of bringing success to a company? If the executive tier of these companies are so prejudiced then I hope their businesses go down the pan

Edited by Mister M

And people from working class backgrounds aren't capable of bringing success to a company?

Of course they are but in the context of this subject it is appropriate people for certain roles in certain circumstances.

I find it frustrating to hear this type of sniping under the pretence of the poor working classes. Over the past generation there have been massive changes in opportunities for people from modest backgrounds if the person is willing to apply oneself and has a goal.

You may find Cherie Blairs autobiography interesting. Like her or not it is an inspiring story of achievement from a non priviledged background

Ref. the edit to your post don't you think it is because they choose the most suitable candidates that their business flourishes ?

Edited by harvey19