14 seater self drive minibus wanted to hire

not sure for definite, but I think its over 12 seater, you will need special categories on your licence and have passed a midas test.

Like I say, I'm not sure, but best check it out first.

AFP van hire at Brightside do minibuses

Hi I'm wanting to hire a 14 seater Minh bus to take to France.

Recommendation really appreciated.

Do you have the appropriate licence catogories? Have you had tachograph training and remember the minibus will need one in France - and you will fall under EU drivers rules. They are a lot more onerouos than in the UK when you may get grandfathered rights on your car licence.

---------- Post added 15-06-2015 at 14:45 ----------

not sure for definite, but I think its over 12 seater, you will need special categories on your licence and have passed a midas test.

Like I say, I'm not sure, but best check it out first.

AFP van hire at Brightside do minibuses

MIDAS is not legally needed at all just some places have it to keep down insurance costs. It's irrelvant outside the UK really.

It is 16 and over, but many minibuses have 14 passenger seats.

You need a licence to drive any minibus unless you get a S19 permit. Not sure where the 16 comes from - anything with nine passengers is no longer a car - a 14 seater is a minibus and you need a licence (or a S19).

You need a licence to drive any minibus unless you get a S19 permit. Not sure where the 16 comes from - anything with nine passengers is no longer a car - a 14 seater is a minibus and you need a licence (or a S19).

But that is only if you are driving it for someone else, for your own use, you would not need a S19.